New plus Stryker questions

rosabob

Hi,

New to the group. I looking for Stryker M1132 Surface Mine Plow vehicle pictures. I am building the AFV kit. I am going to add Eduards slat armor, but I need to modify the rear corners for the lane markers. Does anyone have any info?

Thanks!!

Bob Rosa

Welcome to the forums Bob! Sorry, but I build aircraft, so you'll have to wait for one of those "slacker" armor types to chime in here! :smiley2:

I'm sure they'll have some great info or links to help you out. Have fun!

GIL :smiley16:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bob - I know you have had this post up for some time, but I have some new hopefully helpful info. The February 2012 issue #70 of Model Military Internationial has a great Think Tank referance article on "The Stryker Family" by Stuart Ransley. This included a color photo of the Mine Plw Vehicle in action. One interesting thing it shows is that the Mine Plow makes the entire front suspension sag down almost to the ground! This article is followed up by a full detail build article on a M1126 Stryker ICV by Andrew Judson using the AFV Club's kit. One cool thing about these vehicles is the amount of "stuff" hung all over them and Andrew does a great job modelling that in a very relistic way! I buy this magizine at my LHS, but it is available on Squadrons web site. Hope this helps. Dan