Sopwith Triplane and Ki-100 Goshiki

ghodges

Building the old Aurora 1/48 Sopwith Triplane (@1963). Just got the interior built and the fuselage buttoned up.

100_3975.jpg

100_3979.jpg

And, so I don't go bonkers, and easy OOTB build; the Hasagawa 1/48 Ki-100...just needs gloss coat and decals!

100_3981.jpg

100_3984.jpg

Hope to have at least one of theses done by New Years! Questions, comments, and critiques welcome. Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

A little more progress...painting and decaling is done on the Ki-100

100_4009.jpg

And also got the tailplanes and bottom wings onto the Triplane...

100_3988.jpg

The gear struts are also glued in place, but not the cross bar. I want to be able to remove it to ease the sanding and drilling on the underside.

• 2 weeks later...

Still progressing on the Sopwith Triplane. The initial primer coat is on and the rigging holes all drilled.

100_4025.jpg

100_4029.jpg

The model is "pinned" together here, to allow for a test fit and to check alignment. More pics after she's painted! Cheers!

Edited by ghodges

Got the painting done!

100_4037.jpg

100_4040.jpg

Corrected the bottom nose contour, adding the concave area with sheet plastic, and also scribed in the stitch line on the bottom. Decals are up next!

Edited by ghodges

I like the triplane. I've been itching to try one; I picked up a couple (1/32 Academy Camel and 1/24 Matchbox Tiger Moth). Haven't had the motivation to try one. I'm still trying to clear off some armor builds.