Building An Old 1/48 Aurora Halberstadt Cl.ii

ghodges

Decided to do some "old scool" modeling. I hadn't built anything WWI in a while and had the desire to flog myself with the task of rigging...... :smiley22:

100_1609.jpg

I have the Windsock book on this plane, but it says there are NO pics or drawings of the interior (and no surviving examples). That left me to build a "generic" WWI German interior. Above is the main floor, seat, stick, rudder pedals, rudder cables, and floor compass. That thing on the back of the cockpit bulkhead is the rear jump seat.

100_1613.jpg

This gives a better view of the fold-down jump seat. Why that? I just reasoned that the rear gunner would have to have a place to sit that could also be stowed out of the way when he took his standing firing position. I have NO idea how accurate it is......

100_1617.jpg

This shows the floor in position in the left fuselage half. You can see the pe throttle and the map case. The boxes in the rear are for extra Parabellum gun ammo drums. The rib detailing on the sides is strip plastic; again, purely guess work.

100_1619.jpg

Other side. Note the auxilary fuel pump and more ammo storage. I also have the main panel built, but broke my tripod while trying to take the close-up pic of it. :smiley15:

100_1620.jpg

This shows the engine, exhaust piping, and the forward Spandau gun temporarily in place to check fit. The pe gun cooling jacket is glued to the old kit gun, with a new barrel aded to finish it off. I didn't detail the breech since it will be buried in the fuselage and under the top wing.

Anyway, making some progress and I even have a new idea to try out that will hopefully make the rigging easier to do. More in a week or so! Merry Christmas!

GIL :smiley16: