Hello from Fremont, CA

trekriffic

Just wanted to say hi to everyone here. I just registered today after hearing about the IPMS over on another forum. Been modeling for over 40 years I guess. As a kid I built cars, ships, planes, and sci-fi models. Now in my 50's I concentrate on the sci-fi genre, chiefly Star Trek and Irwin Allen subjects. I can spend up to a year working on a single model as I can't seem to build anything straight out-of-the-box anymore. Most everything I build needs some degree of modification to be even close to screen accurate which takes time of course; I also like to add lgihts to give my models a look of realism I never even thought about as a kid.

I look forward to being a frequent visitor and contributor to the IPMS forums.

Steve J

Edited by trekriffic

Hmmmm....can't seem to build a model out of the box and takes a year to get one done........YEP! You'll fit in perfectly! :smiley2:

Glad to have you with us here in the fun-house Steve! Post some pics of your work when ya get a chance!

GIL :smiley16:

Steve, welcome to the IPMS/USA board! I don't recognize your name, but I will qualify that by saying I'm crap at remembering names. So if you've been to the local clubs and we've met, forgive me. But if you haven't been to the local IPMS meetings, have a look at the Fremont Hornets (http://fremonthornets.org/). Our next meeting is this Friday, and it's our annual holiday meeting where we just sit around eating pizza and being sociable.

Randy

Welcome aboard Steve. Glad to have you with us. Sci-Fi is interesting and we hope to see some of your work.

Happy Modeling,

Mark Fiedler (aAzZ09)

Steve,

You're in luck. THere are TWO great modeling clubs near you. As Randy mentioned the Hornets meet at the community center in Fremont but there is a much larger club a couple miles south. The Silicon Valley Scale Modelers meet in Milpitas.

http://svsm.org/

The Venn diagram of the two cubs has a lot of overlap. Feel free to join both.

John

Steve, welcome to the IPMS/USA board! I don't recognize your name, but I will qualify that by saying I'm crap at remembering names. So if you've been to the local clubs and we've met, forgive me. But if you haven't been to the local IPMS meetings, have a look at the Fremont Hornets (http://fremonthornets.org/). Our next meeting is this Friday, and it's our annual holiday meeting where we just sit around eating pizza and being sociable.

Randy

Thanks for the warm welcome Randy. I'd like to attend one of the meetings of the Hornets at some point but I'm not exactly sure when as I have a lot of stuff going on with family health issues but I do appreciate the invitation.

Steve

Steve,

You're in luck. THere are TWO great modeling clubs near you. As Randy mentioned the Hornets meet at the community center in Fremont but there is a much larger club a couple miles south. The Silicon Valley Scale Modelers meet in Milpitas.

http://svsm.org/

The Venn diagram of the two cubs has a lot of overlap. Feel free to join both.

John

Thanks for the welcome John and I'd like to attend a meeting of the group in Milpitas someday.

Steve

Welcome aboard Steve. Glad to have you with us. Sci-Fi is interesting and we hope to see some of your work.

Happy Modeling,

Mark Fiedler (aAzZ09)

Thanks Mark. I have a lot of pics of my sci-fi models on Photobucket I can post and plan on doing so in the discussion forum.

Steve

Edited by trekriffic

Hmmmm....can't seem to build a model out of the box and takes a year to get one done........YEP! You'll fit in perfectly! :smiley2:

Glad to have you with us here in the fun-house Steve! Post some pics of your work when ya get a chance!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Gil. Will do!