Hobby Shops with armor kits in Salt Lake City?

RickC5

Leaving tomorrow morning for a 3-day visit to SLC and wanted to visit any "good" Hobby Shops in the area that have lots of armor kits & accessories.

Anyone have any recommendations???

Just seeing this so hopefully not too late.

Two good shops both with lots of armor.

West Valley Hobbies and MRS Hobbies.

I usually go to WVH but they are closer and I know the owner better. But MRS got a bunch of kits when they closed their Douglas Models location so worth checking.

If you are in town Saturday, let me know.

Hi Phil,

We're already home from SL,UT (sorry, couldn't resist--saw this on a mug & a t-shirt). Anyway, we had a great time and I visited Great Models (Web)Store in Sandy, West Valley and MRS.

Great Models was great fun, wandering around in their warehouse, with row after row of armor models. Only negative is that everything is newish--nothing older or OOP. I saw many kits that aren't in our (only) local shop. I think I spent at least an hour in there.

MRS had a bunch of kits, including lots of older ones, but prices seemed high to me. West Valley had a reasonably good assortment of armor, but someone needs to re-organize the shelves. The armor kits were mixed in with the planes and the different scales were all mixed up too.

I did find some interesting stuff to buy, so all the visits to the shops were worthwhile.

Edited by RickC5