Best way to remove paint

Spaceclipper

What's the best way to remove paint from a model car body -the whole body in order to start over? Easy off , brake fluid? Lacquer thinner and a tooth brush? I'm not happy with how the paint turned out on my latest review subject and would like to remove it all and start over., this time I think with Tamiya spray..

Thanks for the help

Spaceclipper

For enamel or lacquer paint I use brake fluid to remove it. No fuss...no muss...works like a charm.

For acyrlic I use windex.

Go to any autoparts store and pick up a thing of Super Clean degreaser. I use it all the time to strip enamels (also works great for stripping chrome). For Acrylics I use 91% alcohol

Don't use lacquer thinner!!! Stupid me just tried doing this without thinking. Turned the paint into a gummy mess and melted the plastic also (must be a little to hot, duh). I just got done reordering the parts that I ruined.

Try the other options and learn from the mistakes of others.

Bill

Go to any autoparts store and pick up a thing of Super Clean degreaser. I use it all the time to strip enamels (also works great for stripping chrome). For Acrylics I use 91% alcohol

I agree 100% with this suggestion

• 7 months later...

question got a paint job that look frosted have tried everthing to remove paint nothing has helped any clues

Was it frosted because of a flat clearcoat? If so, shoot another coat of gloss clear over it and the frost should go away. It did for me anyway. Then I was able to re-apply the flat clear properly.

• 6 months later...