Hello From Maryland

Spaceclipper

Big hello to everyone,

Vince from Elkton Md signing in. Have been a member since this spring but just finally getting around to signing in to the forums. I've found the forums to be very informative and hope to contribute to them. My interests are varied including cars to armor, figures and everything in between. I started model building back in the early 1970's building Aurora monster and horror movie models and continued from there to all different types. I belonged to the Parents magazine "Young Model Builders Club" and loved getting a new model in the mail every month. Great times. In Junior High I belonged to the model building club and have fond memories of building the Revell Willy's drag car. I was amazed at the detail and plan on building this one again.

Other interests are model and high power rocketry, balsa and tissue planes (just getting back into this), wood ship models (have a couple to start on), and playing bass guitar. Current build is a 240Z police car for an IPMS review. Quite a bit of painting required before assembling but is an interesting build. Model is a curbside which I haven't built one of these types in a long time, but has quite a bit of interior detail. Moldings are all nice and crisp with minimal flash only on a couple of pieces.

After all of these years I'm just now getting around to using an airbrush and have a lot to learn with it. I have several models that I've been able to pick up with good old AC Moore and Michael's coupons and have a couple of Harbor Freight models for experimenting with. For a compressor I have the Aztec "Blue" (transparent case) model.

Anyone have any experience with this compressor?

Take care

Vince

post-1697-0-63298400-1319986400_thumb.jpg

Welcome Vince! Glad you decided to add your voice to the forums. I build aircraft mostly, but I'm also currently stripping (for the SECOND time) a Lindberg '32 B model Ford Roadster. This inability to paint a gloss finish on a car is why I build planes!

You mentioned your compressor; having problems with it? I'm not familiar with that type, but if you describe your problem, many people here may be able to help you. Best of luck!

GIL :smiley16:

Hi Neighbor :smiley17:,

Welcome to the Forum. You will find it both interesting and helpful. :smiley20:

A Help - We have a small local model club, Cecil County Plastic Scale Modelers (AKA - IPMS Chapter Wanna-bes) here in Elkton, We meet the 2nd Friday night each month to share our models and talk modeling in an informal atmosphere. Our members have a variety of modeling interest.

You are cordially invited to our meetings and we certainly would enjoy meeting you.

Looking forward to hearing from you..:smiley4:

TAKE CARE,

Ralph

ralf7@verizon.net

Hey neighbor,

I didn't know there was a local group. I'd like to come to the next meeting! Where and when? :smiley32:

Hey neighbor,

I didn't know there was a local group. I'd like to come to the next meeting! Where and when? :smiley32:

Vince,

I'm delighted you are interested in our meeting. I've sent more meeting info via Personal Message on this Forum.

See you soon and TAKE CARE,