Philippine Airforce C130H - done.

ncarpio

Yes, its the 1/72 Italeri kit. What a straight forward build except some fitting challenges on the doors. I used Gunze 340 for the Green, 302 for Dark Green and 305 for Gunship Gray. Next in line is the 1.48 AC130. I want to build it with the props running at series with a short delay from one prop to another. Plus the lights working too. Crossing my fingers here!

nice build, a couple years back I had a KOKU FAN magazine with some photos of Philippine F-8 in a 2 tone paint. I used the Monovell F-8 to try to replicate it. Had a hard time finding PAF national markings that would work on it though.

Yes, its the 1/72 Italeri kit. What a straight forward build except some fitting challenges on the doors. I used Gunze 340 for the Green, 302 for Dark Green and 305 for Gunship Gray. Next in line is the 1.48 AC130. I want to build it with the props running at series with a short delay from one prop to another. Plus the lights working too. Crossing my fingers here!

We can help you by sending you a soft file and you can print in on an Ink Jet Decal Paper. What are "IPMSers" for??:)

Tell me what width you need specifically.

We actually create the decals ourselves from Ink Jet decal sheets.

Edited by ncarpio

We can help you by sending you a soft file and you can print in on an Ink Jet Decal Paper. What are "IPMSers" for??:)

Tell me what width you need specifically.

We actually create the decals ourselves from Ink Jet decal sheets.

who were you replying to?

Your post, Bob. Regarding you not having the appropriate PAF decals.

Thanks for the offer, I managed to muddle through...I'll try to post some shots here later, finished the plane several years ago. If I get a chance I hope to meet you guys next summer, wife is going home to Bulacan and I'll follow a little later in the summer.

Awesome job Noel! And in my chosen scale as well! I also built up that same model from Italeri and I know what you went through. I made mine British though.

Ah, one of my all-time favorite birds....

Thanks for the offer, I managed to muddle through...I'll try to post some shots here later, finished the plane several years ago. If I get a chance I hope to meet you guys next summer, wife is going home to Bulacan and I'll follow a little later in the summer.

You are most welcome. We will be glad to have you during our meeting which is usually on every 3rd Sunday of the month. We can also schedule a special group build to have you with us for chat.

Noel

Hi Mark. As a fellow modeler here said, "Let's not complain about the imperfections of a kit. That's why it's called Scale Modeling!". I bet you and I have been through worse. This project was so much fun to me considering that I had to run to the tarmac window one day to get shots of the very plane while waiting for a flight. I was like a kid out there! People were wondering why this middle-aged dude is so fanatic of taking pics of the C130 from that distance. We will NEVER grow old will we? :)

Noel

For some reason I want to think these things were stored at an airfield near San Fernando at what was probably the old Del Carmin Army air Base. I'd guess they have since been scrapped. I think the two photos from Koku Fan are the only shots of those jets I've seen.