Civil War Cannon

Hanson

Just finished this 1/16 scale M1857 12-pounder Napoleon cannon from Model Expo's "Guns of Fame" series. All white-metal, and done up more as one of the memorial cannons at Gettysburg than an active field piece. The patina was a drawn-out process of layering various colors until it looked right.

It's big, and it's heavy. But the kit was nice enough that I think I'm going to get a few more. Maybe enough for a collection at the next Nats, if I can find room in the house to display them. :smiley17:

M1857_Napoleon.jpg

Mike,

Outstanding !!!

I have the whole range and just (barely) started the 6lb James ...

Could you provide some detail as to how you did the barrel ? I've seen lots of 'em but don't have much idea on how to achieve that effect ...

Thanks,

If you took in-progress photos, this would make an EXCELLENT Journal article! "How to age your Cannon" or somesuch title.

If you took in-progress photos, this would make an EXCELLENT Journal article! "How to age your Cannon" or somesuch title.

I didn't on this one, but I have a Spanish cannon that I can do some in-progress stuff on. It's not hard to do, it just needs patience, as does most things model-related.

Very nice job Mike!! It looks just like those that sit on Cemetary Ridge, or any other Civil War battlefield.

Doug