My1/32 MIL MI-24 HIND E from start to finish...finished

ncarpio

Nice kit!!!

Here is the cockpit. There are NO after-market parts here.

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

The engine...

DSC_0082.jpg

The painitng is challenging. I didnt use frisket paper. I simply traced the pattern from the diagram. Then used the traced paper (in cut portions) and sprayed on the body.

DSC_0081.jpg

The delaying factor for moi on this project is the shortage of close-up pics of the Engine Bay and Engine details. Good thing my fellow club-member "Dustoff" gave some pics of this so I tried my best to put in what I can derive from these pics. I still hope to add more as I go on. Maybe anyone out there can share me some of these pics.

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

Adding the doors for the engine bay and cabins....

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

Like a house, the finishing is terribly taking longer than I thought. And as I get more references, I think of adding stuff here and there.

Thanks a million to Dust-off and Fairfax for providing me the pics and references.

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0183.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

I traced it on thin paper (onion skin) then soaked the underside with kerosene (mineral spirits) so that it will kind'a stick to the surface without the brush blowing it away and without harming the Lacquer painted surface coat. I build ships. I use this technique originally there.

Hope this helps.

Noel

• 4 weeks later...