Tough Ladies in SF & Fantasy

tony

I just recently started visiting these forums and really liked the favorite SF movie and TV show threads. Those were great threads and lots of fun to read through.

I thought I would pose a similar SF/Fantasy related question that my family and I have a go at periodically.

Who is the toughest and most dangerous lady (the character, not the actor) out there in the world of SF/Fantasy movies and TV (loosely interpreted)? Tell us why. Give us 3 if 1 is too tough.

I'm throwing out a bunch of candidates that I can think of just to get the conversation going but bring in anybody else. I realize these are not all strictly SF or Fantasy:

Sarah Conner

Ellen Ripley

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV Series)

La Femme Nikita

Ice Queen from Narnia

Reba from Tremors

Linda Blair

That Blue Girl in the X-Men

Lara Croft

Ursala - Little Mermaid

Anna Torv-Fringe

Princess Leah

Alien Queen

Elizabeth Swann

Milla Jovovich in the Resident Evil flicks

Milla Jovovich in The Fifth Element

Uma Thurman – Kill Bill

Lucy Liu – Kill Bill

Mrs. Smith

Agent Dana Scully

Assassin Anna Topov – Golden Eye (James Bond)

Zoe Saldana – Avatar

Trinity

Terminator Gal from T3

Elektra

Rachel Weisz in the Mummy

Michelle Yeoh – Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Eve (Natasha Henstridge) – Species

Snake Gal (Salma Hayek) from Dusk Till Dawn (I don't know how tough she is but I love a good snake dance)

Tough to choose but I'm gonna pick:

1 - Flight Lt. E. Ripley

2 - Milla Jovovich in the Resident Evil series

3 - Terminator Gal

Do your worst,

Tony

OK I will play.

My favorite has got to be Catwoman (Julie, Lee and Michelle)

Also loved Emma Peel from the TV Avengers series

The gals in Firefly all had their share of tough values

Plus I love several of the gals you have in the above list.

Great choices. I pretty much like Michelle Pfieffer in anything. What are your thoughts on the Halle Berry Cat Woman? Anne Hathaway will be the new Cat Woman in the upcoming Dark Knight Rises.

I don't know how I could have left Emma Peel off my list. Plus Diana Riggs is my favorite Bond Girl (On Her Majesty's Secret Service).

Tony

Hard to argue with Ripley, or Michelle Yeoh from Crouching Tiger, but I don't see Xena on that list. Or Grace Jones from Conan the Destroyer. Or Eartha Kitt's Catwoman. (Maybe not the toughest, but the best voice.) Or, if we're stretching, Kathy Bates in Misery.

Just throwing them out there.

MAShelley

Oh My Goodness! You are all so way off base....The TOUGHEST Female Character out there is Taarna from HEAVY METAL!!!! Hot, sexy and a MAJOR derriere kicker!!!

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Great choices. I pretty much like Michelle Pfieffer in anything. What are your thoughts on the Halle Berry Cat Woman? Anne Hathaway will be the new Cat Woman in the upcoming Dark Knight Rises.

I don't know how I could have left Emma Peel off my list. Plus Diana Riggs is my favorite Bond Girl (On Her Majesty's Secret Service).

Tony

Or how about Halle Berry as Storm in the Xmen or Halle Berry in Die another Day or Scarlett Johansson's character in Iron Man 2.

Edited by PeteJ

• 4 weeks later...

For a really TOUGH, FEISTY sci fi lady........I'm surprised that no previous thread has mentioned Linda Hamilton's portrayal of Sarah Connor in the Terminator Movies

What about the girls in Farscape? I can't remember the names, but they were... :smiley2: