M-41 Walker Bulldog

Mark Aldrich

Mark,

Your Timing counld not be more perfect. I just got back from Granitecon in N.H. yesterday. One of the items I picked up was a 1/15 scale walker bulldog M41. I have built one other model of this tank before. The old Tamiya kit. Your reference photos will help greatly.

Chris

Chris,

There is a sad story to that. I had hoped to photograph the Aberdeen vehicles that were at Fort Lee. My brother and I went tooling around and we only found Iron Annie. It was a dreary day and the few people I talked with had no idea where the vehicles were. We got home and googled it more and found quite a few sitting on the railhead side. Mrs. Treadhead and I were coming back from Fort Bragg and thought about stopping to check it out but it was getting late and I didn't want to go to Fort Lee only to find out that they had been moved or were not accessible. We decided to hit the D.C.S.R. as we knew the M41 was there and would be able to get good pictures of it. Hopefully the Aberdeen vehicles will be on display when we head back there in two years. Good luck with your build!!!

Mark

Mark,

Your Timing counld not be more perfect. I just got back from Granitecon in N.H. yesterday. One of the items I picked up was a 1/15 scale walker bulldog M41. I have built one other model of this tank before. The old Tamiya kit. Your reference photos will help greatly.

Chris

Best of luck to you on that kit. It's the only model ever produced that the decals are probably worth more than the plastic. It is a shame that there aren't other kits to stick those nice decals on. Heck, I think even those green sandbox plastic tanks sold at Walmart are probably better than that old ITC/Ringo re-pop by Glencoe.

Best of luck to you on that kit. It's the only model ever produced that the decals are probably worth more than the plastic. It is a shame that there aren't other kits to stick those nice decals on. Heck, I think even those green sandbox plastic tanks sold at Walmart are probably better than that old ITC/Ringo re-pop by Glencoe.

Your right about the kit. It is going to need a lot of work. But at least it is big. :smiley14:

Chris

Mark,

Chris

You were at Granitecon? Myself and about 12 other guys from our club were there....were you the guy with the Green Mountain Boys cap? If so, we talked. I was the tall guy with the 1/48 Vermont ANG F-16C entered..ended up getting 1st in 1/48 Single engine jets, which was a pleasant surprise. If that was you, too bad I didn't put 2+2 together...well, I had a nice chat with whoever that was.

You were at Granitecon? Myself and about 12 other guys from our club were there....were you the guy with the Green Mountain Boys cap? If so, we talked. I was the tall guy with the 1/48 Vermont ANG F-16C entered..ended up getting 1st in 1/48 Single engine jets, which was a pleasant surprise. If that was you, too bad I didn't put 2+2 together...well, I had a nice chat with whoever that was.

Yes I was. The guy with the hat was David Delang one of our club members. He was in the Vt national Guard and worked on the jet you entered. I was wearing a blue IPMS shirt with a name tag with my name. I was judging most of the day and was one of the judges that judged your model. Nice work. Congrats. I'll have to look you up at another show. Would love to talk.

Chris

Yes I was. The guy with the hat was David Delang one of our club members. He was in the Vt national Guard and worked on the jet you entered. I was wearing a blue IPMS shirt with a name tag with my name. I was judging most of the day and was one of the judges that judged your model. Nice work. Congrats. I'll have to look you up at another show. Would love to talk.

Chris

Well, there's always Baycon coming right up on the first Sunday in November.... www.ipmsbaycolony.com click on Baycon tab for more info.