Tanks Alot

Dick Montgomery

After my recent foray into the world of the large 1/72nd Space Shuttle, I decided that my next "technique building exercise" would be a much smaller 35th scale Stuart by Tamiya. My goal was to practice getting a good OD paint scheme and "wash", along with some decent tracks.

The model represents about 15 hours of contact time and I'm quite pleased with the results. Using my Mark 1 Judging eyeball I can find plenty of room for improvement but I'm please with the learning curve this project represents. Its better than what I've done before and not as good as what the next project of a similar nature will look like.

By the way...the base is a generic base I use to shoot pics of such models. The Stuart is not attached to the base, thus the fact that the tracks seem to be floating above the "ground".

M3StuartTamiya354235thRight.jpg

M3StuartTamiya354235thRightFront.jpg

M3StuartTamiya354235thLeftFront.jpg

M3StuartTamiya354235thLeftBack.jpg

Thanks Chris. I've done artillery in the recent past but generally shy away from anything with tracks. This project was mostly "track practice". I'm very pleased with the final appearance of the tracks and found the process easier than I thought it would be.

These same techniques transfer nicely into Space Sci Fi stuff.... so what was learned with the Stuart can be applied with some weird spacy-thingie.

Anyway....lots of fun!

Funny Aldrich,.....funny. Also true in both cases--- the model And the builder. I have other items in my stash that make the Stuart look like a teenager. While not a bad kit for its time it is seriously outclassed by today's standards. Still....it was educational and fun.

A very well done oldie!!!! The model....not the builder!!!! HAHA