Region IV Convention - April 13-14, 2012

Hello Everyone!

With the 2011-2012 Model Show Season underway, we just wanted to extend an invitation to the 2012 IPMS/USA Region IV Convention, hosted by IPMS/Wright Field Scale Modelers, Dayton's exciting new IPMS chapter.

WrightCon 2012 will take place on Friday and Saturday, April 13 & 14, 2012, at the Hope Hotel and Conference Center at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio.

The event will be held just minutes away from one of the top military museums in the world, the National Museum of the United States Air Force, and is expected to draw a very strong turnout of model fans and their families. Highlights of the two-day show will include a spacious, well-lighted vendor area, modeling seminars, a "Make 'N Take" for young modelers, two social events (Friday night and Saturday night) and a tour of the restoration hangar at the Air Force Museum. The contest site, the Hope Hotel, will offer on-site dining and concessions and a special room rate of $70 + tax per night.

Complete event information is available on our website at www.ipmsdayton.com/2012/.

We look forward to seeing you in April 2012 for WrightCon 2012, the 2012 IPMS Region 4 Convention!

Sincerely yours,

Dave Koukol

President and Contest Chairman

IPMS/Wright Field Scale Modelers

www.ipmsdayton.com

• 4 weeks later...

Holy Cow!

We're still six months out and we've already hit the 50% mark for vendor table reservations!! This is well ahead of our anticipated rate, so please make your reservations ASAP -- before the tables are all gone!

Vendors: We Hear You Loud and Clear

We recognize many vendors are really watching their budgets and closely managing their cash flow in this tough economy, so we've extended our Early Bird Discount through December 31st (was October 12th). We want to see as many of our favorite vendors in Dayton on April 13th and 14th as we can possibly accommodate!

See our Vendor Page at http://ipmsdayton.com/vendors/ for the full scoop!

• 4 months later...

Hello Everybody,

Here’s a quick update regarding this year’s IPMS/USA Region IV Convention, April 13-14, at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton:

• Main Vendor Room is Sold Out! This means you’ll have ample opportunity to stimulate the economy with your tax returns, so please advise spouses accordingly. “Honey, I won it in the raffle,” has limited credibility.
  • Overflow Vendor Space Available. We are now offering overflow vendor space and a place on the waiting list for our main vendor area. [Vendor Info]
  • On-Site Lodging is Filling Up! Our event and the Doolittle Raiders’ Reunion the following week is making the Hope Hotel a popular place. Please make your reservations NOW before our room block expires on 3/13. After 3/13, there’s no guarantee of a room or the $70 discounted rate. Please use the group code “IPMS” to get the $70 rate. [Lodging Info]
  • Schedule is Packed! If you haven’t been to the convention website in the past few days, please check out our Event Schedule – it’s absolutely packed with Seminars, Make-N-Take, NMUSAF Modelers’ Tour, Friday Social, Raffle, and more.
  • B-25’s Are Coming! A couple dozen B-25’s will be marshaling at Grimes Field in Urbana, Ohio, as part of the 70th Anniversary of the Doolittle Raid on Tokyo. Aircraft arrive Saturday and Sunday, with gates open to the general public starting at 9 a.m. each day. Grimes is about a 45-minute drive northeast of our event. [b-25 Info]
  • Contest and Model Registration Forms Available Online. Maximize your fun and minimize your time doing paperwork at the event by filling out your contest paperwork in advance. We have savable PDF-format registration and model entry forms available now.
  • Sponsorships Still Available for general categories. Thanks to Cincinnati Scale Modelers, IPMS/Eddie Rickenbacker, Fremont KitBashers, IPMS/John H. Glenn, and IPMS/Livonia, and IPMS/USA for their sponsorship of the event, and special thanks to our many industry supporters as well. [Sponsorship Info]

Looking forward to seeing you all in April at Wright-Patt!

Sincerely,

Dave Koukol

Contest Chairman

Sweet! I'm gonna be in Columbus that week for two weeks. My brother has already set one of those days aside to attend. I might even bring a few models to enter!

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, I'm going to be there! I do hope I can meet a few of you guys! Feel free to look for me and introduce yourselves!

I'll be helping a friend cover his vendor tables, look for a red penant flag in the main vendor room

Okay, I'm going to be there! I do hope I can meet a few of you guys! Feel free to look for me and introduce yourselves!

I'll be helping a friend cover his vendor tables, look for a red penant flag in the main vendor room

Red pennant flag! Got it! See you there!

Red pennant flag! Got it! See you there!

My buddy better be in the main vendor room....I know where these guys live (hint hint hint :P )

Sweet! I'm gonna be in Columbus that week for two weeks. My brother has already set one of those days aside to attend. I might even bring a few models to enter!

Mark cool I'm coming down from West Michigan Friday. Would like to meet you. I know you are ship builder also

.I'll have a Galeass sailing ship and 1912 Henderson motorcycle entered. hope to meet you.

Rod