F-104 wingtip tanks question?

burner12

I'm currently building a 1/32 F-104 in SEA camo. I have seen multiple pictures of 104s with wing tanks.. But what has puzzled me is sometimes one tank will be exactly similar to the other in the way the tails are positioned.\For example this pic shows the horizontal tails oriented toward the fuselage. But other pictures have shown them with both tanks exactly the same, i.e. the starboard horizontal tail will be oriented inward to the fuselage and the port side would be oriented outward

What is the common config between the 2?

avf104_0_01.jpg

I'm currently building a 1/32 F-104 in SEA camo. I have seen multiple pictures of 104s with wing tanks.. But what has puzzled me is sometimes one tank will be exactly similar to the other in the way the tails are positioned.\For example this pic shows the horizontal tails oriented toward the fuselage. But other pictures have shown them with both tanks exactly the same, i.e. the starboard horizontal tail will be oriented inward to the fuselage and the port side would be oriented outward

What is the common config between the 2?

avf104_0_01.jpg

Hi Richard,

- It appears that your image didn't make it into the posting. I don't get anything when I click the "Posted Image". Annnnnd, I'm dying to see the image you have described. As far as I know, the Starfighter's tip tanks are "handed" with respect to the fin arrangement and while they shouldn't have been mounted the way you have described, I can see that it is possible. Ready ya later.