M-ATV

Kagnew

• 3 months later...

This model looks good Glen. Does your company have any plans to also do models in 1/72 scale? This M-ATV would sell out very quickly as nobody does this model in 1/72 scale, despite it being very much in demand. Something to think about; 1/72 scale is not dead; just hiding in the shadow of everyone's 1/35th scale kits.

Glen - I just picked up Panda's M-ATV MRAP and to say the least I am very impressed. I am primarily a CAR modeler and have built a number of very complecated kits such as Fujimi Enthusiast Kits and even a few Pocher kits. This kits ranks up there as a very complete and detailed kit. Of coarse as a car modeller I would have liked to see a complete engine compartment, but I am sure the aftermarket will pop-up with something soon. One suggestion that I would make to people who buy the kit is to open it right away and remove the rubber tires from the bag with the main body parts and put them in a seperate bag [ i use zip lock snack bags for this purpose]. In some cases long exposure to rubber or vinyl tires can cause plastic to melt and also damage the tires. Some old Revell kits were infamous for this problem! I am not saying these will do the same, just better to not take a chance on such a nice [and expensive] kit. If I get started right away on this I might have it done by July or August. I will try to take photo's and post as I go along. A group build would be great but it would need some time for people to track these kits down and to build them. I look forward to more Panda kits - Maybe a 1/35 scale Buffalo would be a nice campanion?