Star Trek Xi Model Kits?

Mike Delano

If anyone has seen the new preview of the upcoming Star Trek film, you'll notice that the original Big E has been re-imagined. With that being said, has anyone heard any news on possibilities of new model kits being released for the various ships in this film?

Oh, I think we can be relatively sure, model kits, by Manufacturer, or garage-style, will be popping up soon enough. :smiley33:

• 4 months later...

It's now March and the movie premeres in less than 8 weeks. I haven't seen any kits announced other than a toy version of the Big E and the new phaser, communicator and tricorder.

Or have I just lost it and missed the email? :smiley14:

Michael

I still haven't seen mention of Trek XI kits either. I have, however, seen mention that there will be a rerelease of the Polar Lights Enterprise A in 1/350 along with a TOS Enterprise in 1/350 as well. In addition, I read where there is a forthcoming 1/1000 Akira Class coming out too. My understanding is that R2 doesn't have licensing rights for Trek XI base merchandise, so if the models come out, I don't know who'll make them

It's now March and the movie premeres in less than 8 weeks. I haven't seen any kits announced other than a toy version of the Big E and the new phaser, communicator and tricorder.

Or have I just lost it and missed the email? :smiley14:

Michael

• 1 month later...

Nothing mentioned on the sci fi model sites.

Have seen the toy in the stores here and it could be used as a base for a nice display.

Nothing mentioned on the sci fi model sites.

Have seen the toy in the stores here and it could be used as a base for a nice display.

They have merchandise out? Thanks for the info philp, kits should not be too far behind! :smiley17:

Checked out the web a bit, sure enough there's a toy version of the new Enterprise with some lighting, and a Phaser and Tricorder from ST XI, with lighting and sound, rod.com sells the Phaser for 20 bucks plus ship, Toys R Us has both for 15 bucks. There's collectible figures out as well.

You'll see kits within a few months, especially if the film does as well, as anticipated. That's just a guess, but seems plausible.

Have not been to a movie theater in many years, but to see XI, on the "big screen", I might just do that!

Previews look good, should be "interesting"................ :smiley4:

Even though it's not Trek XI, I've read where R2 is also going to do a 1/1000 Akira Class.

Last I heard (over on the Starship Modeler boards) the Akira is on hold and Round2 will be producing a 1/1000 refit Enterprise to be released in December.

• 3 weeks later...
Did anyone really beat the LHS door down to buy a Scorpion from the last movie?

I think they're still available at Big Lots and the KB Toy Liquidator.

The problem with the Scorpion model wasn't the kit, the kit was actually ok and fun to build. The problem was that Nemesis was actually WORSE than ST5:The Search For False Gods or whatever they called that horrible waste of film.

I saw ST11, and I really liked it. Some things I didn't agree with, going against "canon' and everything, but it was a very good movie... just too bad Winona Rider won't be coming back.

I saw the new Star Trek movie tonight which I enjoyed very much. Made me chuckle though from time to time when I caught myself thinking, "I wonder how Simon will do that?"

Mike

HoHo! I plan on going to see the film this week, or the next, and yep, I'm sure I'll have to answer that question sometime in the near future Mike. :smiley29:

I saw ST11, and I really liked it. Some things I didn't agree with, going against "canon' and everything, but it was a very good movie... just too bad Winona Rider won't be coming back.

Well... the good thing is, everything from 'Star Trek: Enterprise' is still canon (for the most part)... and yes, that is a hint of sarcasm you smell...

I was excited about this movie. After seeing it, I'm not dissapointed, but I'm not overly excited either. The plot mechanism they used to reimagine the franchise is old and tired, I really expected more creativity in that department - especially from J.J. Abrams. And while there wasn't a lot of technobable in the movie, it seems that they went to extremes in not explaining the science behind certain aspects of the film where, at least I think it would have been appropriate. What the hell is 'Red Matter'?. Also, I thought the idea (SPOILER AHEAD) of the Big E being built on Earth's surface interesting - would liked there to have been a launch scene explaining what that would have looked like... Again, I enjoyed the movie for what it was and I'm curious to see where they take the franchise from here. I guess they could fit in the whole Temoporal Cold War arc from the 'ST: Enterprise' series into it. By the way, my favorite part of the movie has to be Karl Urban's portrayal of Bones - I felt like his portrayal most paralleled that of the original character without seeming like an obvious imitation - the whole scene where Kirk and McCoy meet for the first time was great and I think he really played it like DeForest Kelley would have.

Either way, I'll still buy the model if someone makes it.

So is the Big E going be the original version with the dish in front or a totally new one. Have yet to see the new movie.

So is the Big E going be the original version with the dish in front or a totally new one. Have yet to see the new movie.

It's more of a melding of the TOS Enterprise and the Refit Enterprise / Ent A though I'd say it has more in common with the Movie / Refit Enterprises. It has an outward dish in the front like the TOS version, but blue in color like the Refit versions. It also has torpedo launchers like the Enterprise / Ent A from the movies (located on the neck that connects primary and secondary hulls). Phaser Turrets are nearly identical looking those from the Refit Enterprises as well, except you get a better picture of how they work. The nacelles are a totally different story though. Overall, the lines are very similar. The picture below is from the film

Star_Trek_XI_Enterprise.jpg

What the hell is 'Red Matter'?. Also, I thought the idea (SPOILER AHEAD) of the Big E being built on Earth's surface interesting - would liked there to have been a launch scene explaining what that would have looked like...

SPOILER ALERT!!!

You forgot to read the four issue comic series which explains the entire story behind the story.

Red Matter is Decalithium, an extremely unstable material capable of changing a supernova several light years in diameter into a black hole.

Nero is the captain/owner of a small mining ship, working in whatever system when the star goes supernova, destroying the system. He reports to the Romulan Senate, and Amb Spock offers the help of the VSA & UFP. The Romulans reject his offer, he teams up with Nero, goes to Vulcan and the VSA tells him to go to hell. Picard is Amb to Vulcan, Data is captain of Enterprise F and the ship Spock flies with the Red Matter is one of Georgis creations. Spock takes the ship to stop the supernova, but it engulfs the Romulus system before they can get there, Nero blames the Federation and vows revenge. Int he meantime, he intercepts the ship carrying the evacuated Senators and Preator, but no civilians, kills them but first gets the codes to a secret area 51 type lab, con their way aboard claiming they are the successors to the Senate (they do have all the proer codes) and their ship is then transformed using Borg technology from a simple mining ship to what is seen in the movie. At the end, they find Spock about to collapse the black hole and then the events of the movie take place.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

You forgot to read the four issue comic series which explains the entire story behind the story.

Red Matter is Decalithium, an extremely unstable material capable of changing a supernova several light years in diameter into a black hole.

Nero is the captain/owner of a small mining ship, working in whatever system when the star goes supernova, destroying the system. He reports to the Romulan Senate, and Amb Spock offers the help of the VSA & UFP. The Romulans reject his offer, he teams up with Nero, goes to Vulcan and the VSA tells him to go to hell. Picard is Amb to Vulcan, Data is captain of Enterprise F and the ship Spock flies with the Red Matter is one of Georgis creations. Spock takes the ship to stop the supernova, but it engulfs the Romulus system before they can get there, Nero blames the Federation and vows revenge. Int he meantime, he intercepts the ship carrying the evacuated Senators and Preator, but no civilians, kills them but first gets the codes to a secret area 51 type lab, con their way aboard claiming they are the successors to the Senate (they do have all the proer codes) and their ship is then transformed using Borg technology from a simple mining ship to what is seen in the movie. At the end, they find Spock about to collapse the black hole and then the events of the movie take place.

Now, that would make a great post-prequel sequel to Trex XI! I guess my biggest complaint about the film is that it takes 40 years of cannon and trashes it. Alternat Relality, Changed history in a single continuity, whatever you want to call it, I still expected something more. Still a good flic though, and it wont make me turn my back on being a fan of the Frachise (exactly what Paramount wants, right?)

I think they're still available at Big Lots and the KB Toy Liquidator.

You still have a KB Toy Liquidators? All the ones around here (60 miles away) are long gone.

Lucky you.

Max Bryant

I'm thinking a few more movies and then BAM! A new tv series, just a feeling............ :smiley17:

Annouced at Wonderfest

"Round 2 has the license for the new Trek movie, and had a mockup box for the new Enterprise. They said expect it next spring."

Papa- thought that might be tyour Enterprise there- looked great

Dave

Annouced at Wonderfest

"Round 2 has the license for the new Trek movie, and had a mockup box for the new Enterprise. They said expect it next spring."

Dave

I'd love to do that review.....

Annouced at Wonderfest

Dave

Sounds sweet! No, not mine Dave, although if I had been there to compete, and had the time to create one for the show, I would have loved to give it my best shot! :smiley20:

Thanks for thinking of me, maybe I will try to do one, for sometime in the near future.

It's not the desire lacking, just lack of time! :smiley19: