Ipms/usa Member Makes It Big!

PaulBradley

Congratulations to our own Bill Devins, who won Golds with his Gladiator and Savoia S.21, and Silvers with his PZL Karas and Mitsubishi Kamikaze at last weekend's Scale Model World (IPMS/UK Nationals) in Britain! :smiley20:

I also note that a John Tate won a Gold in an armour category - was this OUR John Tate from ABQ?

Congrats to those guys! It's nice to have their talents recognized on BOTH sides of the pond! Telford looked very impressive, even if it was only because of the 463 F-4 Phantoms on the tables! I'd LOVE to have that knd of turnout in Columbus. Hmmm.....think I'll sponsor some tables with the theme: "More Phantoms than Telford!" :smiley17:

GIL :smiley16:

Congrats to those guys! It's nice to have their talents recognized on BOTH sides of the pond! Telford looked very impressive, even if it was only because of the 463 F-4 Phantoms on the tables! I'd LOVE to have that knd of turnout in Columbus. Hmmm.....think I'll sponsor some tables with the theme: "More Phantoms than Telford!" :smiley17:

GIL :smiley16:

One of the big features of SMW is the range of SIG/Branch (chapter) displays, in fact, that's really the focus rather than the competition. Perhaps an enterprising SIG in the Columbus area could organize it's own vast display, along the lines of 500 Phantoms? Or, looking forward to 2010, someone near Phoenix....?

Uh oh....! :smiley17: