Most Wanted

Dick Montgomery

Ron,

As well as the new space line is selling for Dragon, I wouldn't be surprised to see the ICBM fleet on both sides to get added. They're already getting hounded to finish the Saturn V in 1/72 since they've already done from the IU up.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1/72nd Firefly class (or at least, 1/144)

1/1000 Romulan Bird of Prey (TOS), know there was a resin version but I missed it.

1/72nd Battletech mech from Pre Clan times (Marauder, Warhammer, Battlemaster, Rifleman, Hatchetman, Thunderbolt, etc)

1/72nd Brown Water Navy especially a Monitor, PACV and a PBR

1/72nd new tool F-106, F-102, F-101

1/72nd Vautor

1/72nd XB-51 (to whiff in SEA markings)

1/72nd Saturn V with Launch Tower

1/72nd Boeing 737, 747 (Shuttle carrier)

1/72nd DC-9 (for a C-9A Nightingale)

Wouldn't mind 72nd injection C-5, C-17 and C-141 but would need to add a new room to the house)

1/72nd M-41, M-47, M-42, M-24

1/72nd SAMs with launchers and support vehicles, especially a Fan Song

1/72nd LCI, LCT

Probably still missed a few.

1/72nd Firefly class (or at least, 1/144)

1/1000 Romulan Bird of Prey (TOS), know there was a resin version but I missed it.

1/72nd Battletech mech from Pre Clan times (Marauder, Warhammer, Battlemaster, Rifleman, Hatchetman, Thunderbolt, etc)

1/72nd Brown Water Navy especially a Monitor, PACV and a PBR

1/72nd new tool F-106, F-102, F-101

1/72nd Vautor

1/72nd XB-51 (to whiff in SEA markings)

1/72nd Saturn V with Launch Tower

1/72nd Boeing 737, 747 (Shuttle carrier)

1/72nd DC-9 (for a C-9A Nightingale)

Wouldn't mind 72nd injection C-5, C-17 and C-141 but would need to add a new room to the house)

1/72nd M-41, M-47, M-42, M-24

1/72nd SAMs with launchers and support vehicles, especially a Fan Song

1/72nd LCI, LCT

Probably still missed a few.

Millicast makes a 1/76 scale LCI(L) in US and UK versions. Not cheap though.

AER makes a nice LSSC in 1/72 scale. I'm not sure of anyother Brown Water Navy vessels though. The 1/72 Hasegawa M24 has been around for a long time.

SNIP

- 1/72 fleet standard B-1B (Monogram re-tool?)

- 1/72 Soviet ICBM's

- 1/72 Soviet SAMs (starting with the ones that GRAN keeps announcing)

SNIP

-- 1/72 ZSU-23-4 Shilka

There is currently an SA-2 and an SA-3 in 72nd. I think there is an SA-6 and an SA-10 as well.

The B-1 update would be great.

I like the idea of the Soviet ICBMs.

Aircraft 1/72:

Convair Sea Dart (Mach Poo does not count!)

Kawasaki C-1 JASDF transport (come on, Hasegawa!)

Bartini-Beriev VVA-14M1P ultra bizarre Soviet ekranoplan

Aircraft 1/48:

Gloster Javelin (rumors are that Airfix is working on one)

British aircraft weapon set (1960-1980 era)

Aircraft 1/32:

Arado Ar-234B Blitz

Yokosuka MXY7 Ohka suicide rocket

Harrier GR Mk3

Armor, all 1/35:

SA-4 Ganef Soviet tracked SAM launcher

T-10M Soviet heavy tank (the ancient Tamiya kit is more a caricature than a correctable model)

Conqueror British heavy tank

M103 USMC heavy tank

MBT-70 US experimental tank

St Chamond WW I French tank

Figures, all 1/35:

WW I British, French, and German infantry in gas equipment

US tank crew, Vietnam era

Soviet tank crew on parade (ie with headgear buttoned up, commander giving a stiff salute, and the driver and gunner figures wearing sour expressions)

Space/Sci-Fi:

N-1 Soviet moon rocket, 1/144

2001 Discovery, 1/144

2001 Space Pod, 1/24

Bladerunner Spinner car, 1/24

Last Starfighter Gunstar, 1/72

TIE Bomber, 1/72

Vader's TIE fighter, 1/72

Okay, I have go lie down and rest now.

Neal

Rob,

Know about the resin Milicast landing craft but looking for something in injection plastic.

There are a few (or have been) resin BWN boats but, again, out of my price range.

Would like something nicer than the Hasagawa Chaffee (which I build 30+ years ago) . Is it at least true 72nd scale?

A 72nd MBT-70 would also be nice.

Also add a second vote for these.

Bladerunner Spinner car, 1/24

Last Starfighter Gunstar, 1/72

TIE Bomber, 1/72

That DH-4 sounds like something for Wingnuts Wings.....wouldn't that be a beauty!

Ja Mon! Wasn't there an encouraging rumor about this 1/32 DH-4 recently? Maybe that was just a Fig Newton of my imagination. The comment above, regarding more 1/72 Dragon Space stuff is exciting. AND - believe it or not - I saw a 1/72 FAN SONG out there in Obscure Eastern Bloc Resin Kit-Land (a.k.a. Tracks-n-Troops): http://www.tracks-n-troops.eu/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_1&products_id=10182 Also - go to their "Z+Z" page for a really wild listing of Soviet radar/vans available in 1/72 resin.

Would love to build several of these, but they are pricey. Have got a GRAN SA-2, PST's SA-10 TEL & radar van and would like to find the rest of the Red Dread SAMs. Hmmm...maybe I should build the ones I've got...sorta as bait...

Hmmm. Just found this from Fujima in 1/24th.

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mreport/017970/

OMG!!! Good find, Philip!

The box art sucks, but I couldn't care less!

I figured Fine Molds would have done it, but hey Fujimi is okay by me.

Now let the debate over guesstimated cost begin. I will start with 3,500 Yen. (No scientific basis, just a wild guess!)

Neal

OMG!!! Good find, Philip!

The box art sucks, but I couldn't care less!

I figured Fine Molds would have done it, but hey Fujimi is okay by me.

Now let the debate over guesstimated cost begin. I will start with 3,500 Yen. (No scientific basis, just a wild guess!)

Neal

Oh wait, it says 5,040 Yen in one of the photos. Good greif that's expen$ive! I guess the licensing costs are at work here. The release date says October. I wonder if it is 2011 or 2012? We'll see.

Neal

I don't think Dragon will ever finish a 1/72 Saturn V since it is a bit too large (we are talking about 7 feet tall here). A 1/72 Saturn 1B maybe, but not likely with a V.

As for what I would love to build, I've thought long and hard. Admittedly what I want is space related as well and of course, I don't expect anyone to do them as space subjects have a bit limited exposure. But, I think they would be feasable if somebody at one of the companies put fourth the capital to do them.

1/48 Space Shuttle Orbiter (ONLY the orbiter)- I've seen a couple NASA 1/48 shuttle models up close, so an orbiter is possible and if one of the companies were to put fourth the effort into doing one that we get on some airplane kits, this could be a great subject (albeit expensive). Revell hit the limit with their 1/48 B-1B kit, and a shuttle is a little more compact then that (and the landing gear wouldn't be as flimsy either). Imagine what could be done with say an open side hatch, accurate payload bay, photo-etched payload bay hinges, flight deck and other goodies? Doing an ET and SRBs would be WAYYY too massive though. If anyone wants to do that on their own, more power to them.

1/48 Gemini Titan- Now if Revell were to take their old Gemini kit (or a new tool, say from Dragon, were to come out) pair it up with a new tool Titan II ICBM. It wouldn't be too large and Eagles Talon/Don's Modelworks has done one in this scale already. But I would love to see one in all injection tooling.

1/72 Buran and Energia- Amodel did the Buran Analog and the Atlant with Buran airframe on it. But I hope one day they will bite the bullet and do the Buran Energia stack. I need something to compliment my shuttle builds (even if I know it would be EXPENSIVE!!!).

1/100 Tamiya shuttle with ET and SRBs- Tamiya did a rather nice job on their orbiter only kit back in 1981 and when they issued it again in 2004, I asked them if they would do a full stack version. They said not likely. Since that time, they did one more reissue as well. But I say if they were to spiff up their already good model with a new payload bay and tool up a new ET and SRBs for it, they could make a good kit even better. The resulting size would be bigger than 1/144, but not as big as Monogram's 1/72 monster and could command a price and resulting size similar to a 1/32 aircraft kit.

1/32 new tool F-104 Starfighter- The Revell kit was good, the Hasegawa kit was better, but both are about 30 year old toolings. I would love to see the uber-kit treatment done to an F-104. And since the thing has stubby wings already, it wouldn't command a lot of space on a shelf.

1/32 T-38 Talon- The T-38 could stand 1/32 treatment as well now that it seems we are likely going to see a couple new kits in 1/48. It is a rather small jet though and would also be perfect for the 1/32 treatment IMHO. Since the Red Arrows Hawk got the green light from Revell of Germany, why not a T-38, say in Thunderbirds colors? :)

Edited by JMChladek

1/48 F-105B injection. No fooling around with difficult to find conversions.

1/350 USS Enterprise CV-6. No fooling around with expensive conversions.

1/48 F4H-1 Phantom injection. No fooling around with both of the above!

1/48 TF-9J two seat Cougar, now that Collect Aire = collectable

148 T-37B Pilot maker on par with the Greatest Generation's T-6. Why no kit of this yet?

Hey Trumpeter, how about some nice 1/350 WWII British aircraft carriers like Ark Royal, or a 1950's Eagle?

To many others to list.

Rick L.

I started this thread, not out of some idle curiosity but rather with the intent of organizing these suggestions into a coherent report and then presenting that report to the "supply-side" folks. I plan to do that around Mid to Late October. Any suggestions added to the wish list after that will be stored and sent on a regular basis. This is quite a list and packed with excellent ideas! Thanks!

I don't think Dragon will ever finish a 1/72 Saturn V since it is a bit too large (we are talking about 7 feet tall here). A 1/72 Saturn 1B maybe, but not likely with a V.

Have you ever seen the 1/48 Saturn V that Revell produced for museum displays back in the 70s (I've been told Revell is where they came from)? The Pittsburgh science center has one - and it was in pretty sad shape the last time I saw it - it looks just like a double-size version of the kit I built as a kid sometime around 1971. Wonder if Revell still has the molds?

Don

I've seen 1/48th Saturns at the NASM....and a few other places but the info cards indicated they were scratchbuilt or build by a professional modeling building company and not a commercial company.

I remember seeing David Week's Sat VB at a convention....wow!

"Wishes" from the sports car world (echoing Pete's caveat of mainstream, full detail, reasonably priced)

- type C, D, XKSS, E Jaguars (any of these in 1/12 scale would be awesome)

- Daytona Cobra

- McLaren F1 (street car)

- Austin Healey 3000

- most any Maseratti...

Lets see:

All AMT car and truck kits from 1959-66 including Stylines and JR. Craftsman kits in 1/25

Monogram 1/24 and 1/32 car kits from the 60s

Revells early fighter plane three packs of both WWI & WWII planes

Between the wars American Armor in 1/72

Those would make me very happy to find out for sale.

Dave

I'd honestly like to see some new F1 model kits in 1/20th that are not Ferraris - even though I like those too. Basically any era.

Eric

Eric - Wouldn't it be nice to see a Red Bull or two. Heck, with the dirth of F1 cars, I would be happy with a red car or two and why hasn't somebody done a Mclaren Mercedes? Come to think of it, any of the front runners would be nice.

Well, Airfix did a McLaren a few years back and Revell DE has done the Mercedes... albeit in non 1/20th scale...

Eric

I'd honestly like to see some new F1 model kits in 1/20th that are not Ferraris - even though I like those too. Basically any era.

Eric

Eric - Wouldn't it be nice to see a Red Bull or two. Heck, with the dirth of F1 cars, I would be happy with a red car or two and why hasn't somebody done a Mclaren Mercedes? Come to think of it, any of the front runners would be nice.

- Was talking with the Model dudes at our usual Restaurant snack after our last club meeting and we were all wondering why Eduard and/or HobbyBoss still haven't issued a follow-up to their Mirage IIIC's as the slightly longer/re-engined and more widely used Mirage IIIE / 5??? If they were smart about it, their would engineer the kit to accommodate IIIB's, IIID's, Cheetah's, Pantera's, and perhaps the most popular of them all, the Kfir family.

- Perhaps even more desirable, how about a new tool 1/32 scale Mirage III. You could easily engineer the modularization of that to accommodate all of the above. Mirage III's and it's variants could possibly have been used by just as many, even more Nations than the F-4 and MiG-21. There has got to be a market for new and updated releases of them.

- And while we're at the Mirage table, how about a new tool 1/48 Mirage F.1.......and a 1/32 scale Mirage F.1? They are currently being used around the globe.

• 8 months later...

Time to resurrect this one.

So Dragon released a 72nd Saturn V, not really a kit but you do have to assemble it. Heard they may actually release it in kit form...

Azur released a couple of Vautours and MPM is supposed to release another (the one I want).

I broke down and got a resin Monitor (BWN). Now need something to replicate the bar armor.

Also just ordered the Fan Song. Now got to figure out how to fold PE.

Still waiting for injection molded 72nd C-5 and C-17.

Also would like to see some more Star Wars stuff in injected 72nd scale. Snowspeeder, TIE Bomber, A-wing, B-wing, etc. Know there is some resin out but hoping for plastic.

You do realize we made a SPECIAL FORUM for wishes and dreams??????

http://forum.ipmsusa3.org/index.php?/forum/56-i-wish-there-was-a-kit-of/

:Smile_sceptic:

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Well, Airfix did a McLaren a few years back and Revell DE has done the Mercedes... albeit in non 1/20th scale...

Eric

Eric

Check out Pacific Coast Models: http://www.pacmodelscatalog.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PCM&Category_Code=EB+120+F1