Looking for old Aurora kit instructions

Railmen2000

Greetings All:

I recently acquired a box of about a dozen old Aurora WWI 1/4 scale biplanes. Most of them are without boxes and some parts are off the sprues and loose, so these are definitely "builders" rather than "collector" kits. After sorting out the sprues and loose parts, I discovered that I am missing instructions for three of them: a Nieuport 28 C-1, a Spad XIII, and an Albatross C3 (the two seater Albatross). If anyone has instructions they could copy and mail or scan and email to me, I would apprecaite it. Please contact me at jim.spellmire@cox.net to discuss costs of mailing and photocopying invovled. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Hey, I might have some of those instructions....and sometimes members will provide a URL at which you might be able to download them....in the meantime I'll see what I've got and get back to you.

Hey, I might have some of those instructions....and sometimes members will provide a URL at which you might be able to download them....in the meantime I'll see what I've got and get back to you.

Thanks, Dick. Any help is appreciated. I have Google searched for Aurora instructions, and came up empty on these. I did find a kit review that had some pictures showing steps 2 and 3 af the Albatross C3 instructions, but these are only 2 out of 6 steps for that kit.

Jim

A pdf regarding the Albatross C-III is on its way via email. If you do not receive it or experience difficulty opening the file please let me know.

It was enjoyable to dig into that particular Aurora classic one more time! For its day and age those Aurora kits were fairly decent kits. I've got a handful of the originals built up and on display in the War Room....

A pdf regarding the Albatross C-III is on its way via email. If you do not receive it or experience difficulty opening the file please let me know.

It was enjoyable to dig into that particular Aurora classic one more time! For its day and age those Aurora kits were fairly decent kits. I've got a handful of the originals built up and on display in the War Room....

Thanks Dick. Got the instructions OK.

The very first model I bought with my own saved up money was the Aurora Bristol F2B back in the early 1960's. I never did get any of the others until just now. I know they are not up to "modern" standards, but I will enjoy building them anyway. Thanks again.

Jim

Greetings All:

I recently acquired a box of about a dozen old Aurora WWI 1/4 scale biplanes. Most of them are without boxes and some parts are off the sprues and loose, so these are definitely "builders" rather than "collector" kits. After sorting out the sprues and loose parts, I discovered that I am missing instructions for three of them: a Nieuport 28 C-1, a Spad XIII, and an Albatross C3 (the two seater Albatross). If anyone has instructions they could copy and mail or scan and email to me, I would apprecaite it. Please contact me at jim.spellmire@cox.net to discuss costs of mailing and photocopying invovled. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Those three kits were reissued by Glencoe. You could try to contact them and see if they can provide instructions for the kits.

What about Special Hobby? I checked my instruction sheet site and they also make a CIII albatross. Is that a copy of the Aurora or their own mold?

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Greetings All:

Those three kits were reissued by Glencoe. You could try to contact them and see if they can provide instructions for the kits.

Thanks for the idea, Robin. I only need the Spad XIII instructions now, so the hunt has lessened.

Jim.

Edited by Railmen2000

What about Special Hobby? I checked my instruction sheet site and they also make a CIII albatross. Is that a copy of the Aurora or their own mold?

Thanks for the post, Mark. I got a scan of the Aurora instructions for the Albatross.

But to answer your question, the Special Hobby kit is from new and improved molds, so the instruction sheet would not help identify the Aurora parts or if any were missing. Thanks again.

Jim

Glad to help. One thing that Glencoe did extremely well was the high, aftermarket quality decals they included with their reissues. I also know that Monogram reissued some of the model kits. I don't know if they did the Spad, but I know they did the Fokker, Camel and SE-5a.

Glad to help. One thing that Glencoe did extremely well was the high, aftermarket quality decals they included with their reissues. I also know that Monogram reissued some of the model kits. I don't know if they did the Spad, but I know they did the Fokker, Camel and SE-5a.

Thanks to all who responded. I found a Glencoe Spad XIII at my LHS and picked it up for less than $10 (using my IPMS discount!). Now that I have all my instructions, it's time to start building! Thanks again for all the help.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...