HEY! from Michigan

Hawk202020

Howdy everyone. I am new to this site. I did model cars and airplanes quite alot when I was 10 to 15 years old, and now at 50 returning to that which I really enjoy, plastic modeling. I am most interested in WWll Aircraft and Sailing ships of old. I have jumped back in by starting the Revelle version of the Cutty Sark, looks like it's going to be fun!!! Also looking for models of the Gee Bee planes both the R and Z models in something around a 1/32 scale if anyone knows where I can fond these. Alot has changed since I was last in this, and I am looking forward to exploring all those changes...........................................Chris

Hi Chris! Welcome to the forums and back to sniffin' glue! :smiley2:

If you're looking for the GeeBee R and/or Z models, I believe Williams Bros. made both of them in 1/32. These are what can be termed "limited run" kits, in that their fit will be somewhat challenging, and some of the details may be lacking (although their engines are great!). Both are available at Squadron.com models (try this link: http://www.squadron.com/SearchResults.asp?offset=0)

Have fun and let us know what we can do to help!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

• 1 month later...

Wow, the Revell Cutty Sark is quite a leap! Its a fun kit and quite eye-catching when completed. Good luck!

Hi Chris

Welcome to a great modeling group..I do plastic sailing ships also. I'm on the west side of the mitten. I played football against Sanford-Merdian back in the Sixties.Same place ? I'm always available if you are looking for help or did to talk about ships or just modeling in general. Great to have you aboard.

Rod

Welcome Chris. This is the place to be. I can help you with the aircraft arena from 1930 to 1955, which I center on mostly. Holler if you need any further assistance.

Happy Modeling,

Mark Fiedler (aAzZ09)

IPMS #14333

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris, welcome to one of the best groups of guys around. I'm in Battle Creek, a member of Kalamazoo Scale Modelers and IPMS West Michigan. Hey I'm not sure where Sanford is.

Welcome

Mandie

• 1 month later...