history of old kit company

sumterIII

looking for any information on Palmer Plastics Co. Kits were sold in the 1960's- 1970's.

they were popular with 1/32 scale cars and 1/24 scale artillery.

Thanks

Many of the Palmer Plastics artillery kits were reboxed by Life Like. Encore reboxed (I think it's Squadron's in house brand) them as well. Right now on eBay there's the 75mm WW1 piece, Revolutionary War cannon, Naval 24 pdr and Gatling Gun listed under the Encore brand. They do not include the metal plating that the original kits had.

I believe their car kits were the subject of ridicule; some were picked up by Lindberg or MPC back in the day (I think). Some were reissued with the Happy Days sitcom packaging in the 70s.

They also did some prehistoric creatures. I think some of those resurfaced in 1993 under the Lindberg name in Jurassic Park boxes to round out the dinosaur line along with the new tool kits from the movie.

They were out of Brooklyn, NY.

Many of the Palmer Plastics artillery kits were reboxed by Life Like. Encore reboxed (I think it's Squadron's in house brand) them as well. Right now on eBay there's the 75mm WW1 piece, Revolutionary War cannon, Naval 24 pdr and Gatling Gun listed under the Encore brand. They do not include the metal plating that the original kits had.

I believe their car kits were the subject of ridicule; some were picked up by Lindberg or MPC back in the day (I think). Some were reissued with the Happy Days sitcom packaging in the 70s.

They also did some prehistoric creatures. I think some of those resurfaced in 1993 under the Lindberg name in Jurassic Park boxes to round out the dinosaur line along with the new tool kits from the movie.

They were out of Brooklyn, NY.

Thanks that filled in the gaps.