Forge World resin Marauder Destroyer

dsteingass

My Holy Grail kit aquisition from Games Day 2011 in Chicago. This is what it looks like built My link

and this is my lovely pile of unclean resin!! 2011-08-01_16-37-32_869.jpg

I can't wait to take my time and painfully detail this kit!

Very cool! I will be bringing two war hammer figures to Nats this year. Queek Head Taker (skaven war lord) and IG Lord Commissar.

Cool! did you get the new FineCast resin Lord Commissar? or the old metal one?

Very cool! I will be bringing two war hammer figures to Nats this year. Queek Head Taker (skaven war lord) and IG Lord Commissar.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, it is the 41st Millenium, all the Warhammer 40k Novels are all written in a British accent :smiley29:

Just in case anyone cares, in game terms The Marauder Destroyer sports 3 twin-linked autocannons on the nose , the defense turret is armed with twin-linked heavy bolters, the rear strafing twin-linked assault cannon is run by the bombadier for strafing targets after bombing them. The Marauder Destryer carries 6 200 kilo bombs in the bay, and under the wings are mounts for 8 Hellstrike missles (mine have been ordered from Forge World and will be magnetized on the pylons). Hellstrike missles are a strength 8 weapon with a 72" range on the table (most tables are only 8 feet long)

Edited by dsteingass

Actually, looks like something Republic would be building in the future! Sort of what an A-10 would morph into if it went into space....

GIL :smiley16:

Yeah, totally. I kep thinking of it as related to the B-25 but the future of the A-10...:smiley32:

Puttied

IMG_1607.jpg

I pinned the wings to the fuselage there in the fuel port (right below the main port) and capped it with bitz boxage.

IMG_1608.jpg

Primed Armory Black (ol rattlecan)

IMG_1610.jpg

and gave her 2 coats of Krylon Camoflague Green

IMG_1614.jpg

All while first watching THE Ohio State University dominate Akron, and then Ole Miss lost to BYU. I am sooo glad NCAA football is back!

IMG_1617.jpg

sorry it took so long to get back. I used the resin one. Nice detail and now I'm working on a zombie dragon.

Awesome, I love the crispness in the detail of the new Finecast. I also got a Zombie Dragon, too cool of a model isnt it? :smiley17:

here's a guy with good taste!:smiley20:

A heavy drybrushing of Citadel Camo Green, then a heavy inking in all the panel lines and rivets with Didi's magic brown ink

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

A keen eye will notice the green is different, I didnt like what I had and changed my mind ...I hate it when I do that.

masked for invasion stripes

IMG_1622.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

What a cold-ass Labor day! Broke out a hoodie, it decided it was going to be fall NOW. Plenty of time for the masking madness.

Dave,

I'm not usually into sci-fi stuff, but this one I really like. Great job. Looks mean as hell. Question are those invasion strips? As for this labor day weekend. Well it sucked. Rain, rain an more rain. Just what we needed up here in Vermont. Right!!!

Chris

Yes sir, those are invasion stripes. I am a huge fan of this sci-fi in particular because of it's throwback to WW1 and WW2 designs in the far future. In the fluff, so many of these designs are millenia old, that the factories keep producing them but everyone alive has forgotten how it all works. I'll post pics of my tanks and you can see the WW1 reference.

Despite today being the release day for both SPace Marine (PS3) and Fringe Season 3 on DVD, I managed to squeeze in the decals and a Gretchin Green edge highlight on all her hard edges.

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

see. now the Valkrye will need it's paint job highlighted to match if it is to carry it's almost- fully customized Veteran squad with shotguns and meltaguns with demo charge

IMG_1634.jpg

and cider and donuts and off to bed

Edited by dsteingass