Hello from Fort Wayne, IN

dsteingass

Hello all. My name is Dave, hailing from Fort Wayne, IN. Life-long hobbyist and general geek here. I work in IT. I am primarily a wargames hobbyist (Sci-Fi, Fantast, and historical) , although I enjoy the smell of Styrene in general. Scratch-built and kitbashed terrain is where my heart lies. I have tons and tons of pictures of my stuff, mostly all have the in-progress shots organized as project diaries on my facebook gallery, does anyone have any suggestions for good picture hosting sites?

Ft. Wayne, heh? I drove through once but many years ago....

Anyway, I'm familiar with Warhammer.....some of my friends in Louisiana are into Warhammer and their work is spectacular.

As for image hosting, I use Photobucket and have no complaints or issues with it. I'm looking forward to seeing some pics!

Thanks for the Photobucket tip and the hearty welcome. I posted some scratchbuilt stuff in the photos section with a link to the photobucket album containing all the WIP shots

Ft. Wayne, heh? I drove through once but many years ago....

Anyway, I'm familiar with Warhammer.....some of my friends in Louisiana are into Warhammer and their work is spectacular.

As for image hosting, I use Photobucket and have no complaints or issues with it. I'm looking forward to seeing some pics!

Dave,

Welcome to IPMS and the groups. Wargames terrain, huh? Sounds like a subject for a seminar at a Nationals sometime. I know I'd attend. Used to do a lot of Napoleonics and 1/285th armor wargaming. Always a fun way to lose a day.

Steve

Welcome to the nut house Dave! I attended a few shows in Ft. Wayne during my 20yr stint in R-4. Glad to have you here with us, and I look forward to seeing your work!

GIL :smiley16:

Well, what good is a model if you can't play with it? gaming lets you do that I guess ;)

Well, what good is a model if you can't play with it? gaming lets you do that I guess ;)

Dave I tell my husband that all of the time, but he still gets mad when I try to go zoom zoom with his airplanes, he tells me to go play with my own. Welcome to the house of nuts, if you ever make up to west michigan look us up.

Mandie

haha, it is worth GOLD to live with someone who understands your plastic addiction isnt it! :smiley20:

Welcome Dave. We seem to have a pretty good group here. I hope that you feel comfortable here. I went to school in Angola so I knew Fort Wayne reasonably well.

My wife and I have our two grandsons with us this week. They brought one of the Warhammer 40,000 kits with them. They had wanted to get into Warhammer but their mom (our daughter) said "Wait until you are with Grandpa". There has been lots of cutting, gluing, painting etc. going on here. Tonight, I will take them to a local hobby shop to see what the war gaming is like. If I am not here tomorrow, you will know what happened.

As Mandy said, when you get up to West Michigan, give a call.

Watch out!...their stuff is addictive!! Pick up an issue of White Dwarf magazine while you are out ;)

Welcome Dave. We seem to have a pretty good group here. I hope that you feel comfortable here. I went to school in Angola so I knew Fort Wayne reasonably well.

My wife and I have our two grandsons with us this week. They brought one of the Warhammer 40,000 kits with them. They had wanted to get into Warhammer but their mom (our daughter) said "Wait until you are with Grandpa". There has been lots of cutting, gluing, painting etc. going on here. Tonight, I will take them to a local hobby shop to see what the war gaming is like. If I am not here tomorrow, you will know what happened.

As Mandy said, when you get up to West Michigan, give a call.

I tell my husband that all of the time, but he still gets mad when I try to go zoom zoom with his airplanes, he tells me to go play with my own

That's because you never get the sound effects right!

Steve (Mr. Mandie) Nelson

IPMS #30925

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Dave!

Watch out!...their stuff is addictive!! Pick up an issue of White Dwarf magazine while you are out ;)

Addictive may not be the right word. Mind numbing is probably better. :smiley17:

It actually was an interesting evening. The owner of our local hobby shop worked with the boys for over two hours walking them through a game. I suspect that they will be following the hobby more. For me, I will stay with 1/72 scale aircraft.

The boys actually did a pretty good job of building and painting the models. I was working hard to keep the airbrush filled and clean and to keep the younger one in paint. Here is a photo of them working on their models.

Daniel_and_Jason.jpg

Hello again Dave,

Just a reminder that the clubs in Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo will be having our "Lucky 13" contest on Sept 17 at the Air Zoo in Kalamazoo. This is a fun contest and is held in one of the more interesting venues. Check out our ad on Page 27 of the latest Journal. For some reason we were not listed in the Contest Calendar but we are indeed holding our contest again this year. We are not sure if we will be able to hold one next year so this is the year to attend.

Come on up and let us say hi to you. Bring your models.

• 1 month later...