Ferrari 250 GTO

Nothing fabulous but I finished a kit after a long time away from the work bench. This is a curbside kit built nearly out of the box. I vac formmed all the glass: Windshield, rear window and headlight covers. One was cracked and after replacing it the others looked thick and ugly.

Picture002-vi.jpg

Picture008-vi.jpg

Picture005-vi.jpg

There are a couple more in my fotki account

Thanks for looking

That is one sexy car. I have always loved the 250GTO.

I remember when I went to the 1984 Monaco GP and there was a "used car dealer" just down from the train station that had 3 250GTOs in the store window!! I wish that I had the million + French Francs that they were charging at the time.

Oooooooo! That is SWEET! Glad to see ya gettin' back into the swing of things Jay. I'd love to see it in person! Maybe Saturday? Congrats on a great build and "darn you to heck" for your ability to apply such a slick gloss finish! :smiley2:

GIL :smiley16:

• 1 month later...

Lovely job there Jay! The 250 GTO must rate as one of Enzo's better all time classics. Revell Germany have recently released a new kit of this car and it is absolutely beautiful. The way that they have moulded the wire wheels in plastic has to be seen to be believed. Revell seem to have got their act together in Europe and their latest auto releases are up there with Fujimi, Hasegawa and Tamiya.......and at about half the price of the Jap offerings here in the UK. I am really looking forward to their London Transport Routemaster Double Decker Bus in 1/24th scale when released in November. If it is as good as the cars it will be amazing.

Edited by noelsmith

Lovely job there Jay! The 250 GTO must rate as one of Enzo's better all time classics. Revell Germany have recently released a new kit of this car and it is absolutely beautiful. The way that they have moulded the wire wheels in plastic has to be seen to be believed. Revell seem to have got their act together in Europe and their latest auto releases are up there with Fujimi, Hasegawa and Tamiya.......and at about half the price of the Jap offerings here in the UK. I am really looking forward to their London Transport Routemaster Double Decker Bus in 1/24th scale when released in November. If it is as good as the cars it will be amazing.

Actually, the RoG kit is a rebox of the Protar kit.

I wish Italeri would reissue thiers.