British In Palestine 1947

tomk

I want to do a diorama of the 1947 Palestine Civil War. What kind of vehilces did the British have in Palestine at that time?

Hello,

Since that was a year before Israel declared it's Independence, there are a few options. The Sherman, Cromwell, Staghound and the jeep to get you started.

http://www.britains-smallwars.com/Palestine/units.html

This is a list of units that were there from 45 - 48

Mark

Hello,

Since that was a year before Israel declared it's Independence, there are a few options. The Sherman, Cromwell, Staghound and the jeep to get you started.

http://www.britains-smallwars.com/Palestine/units.html

This is a list of units that were there from 45 - 48

Mark

Thanks Mark

Tom,

Hope it helps. If you know a specific unit, vehicle or idea, I have lots of photo reference. However, it is mostly of Middle East Countries as opposed to British vehicles.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
Tom,

Hope it helps. If you know a specific unit, vehicle or idea, I have lots of photo reference. However, it is mostly of Middle East Countries as opposed to British vehicles.

Mark

Thanks Mark I will get back to you.

tomk

Thanks Mark I will get back to you.

tomk

Mark,

One of the themes for next year's Glue Crew (Wasau Wi) show is "the year you were born". I was born in 1947. The main conflict that year was the Palestine Civil War. The book/movie Exodus was about that conflict.

I'm looking for a diorama about that conflict to do.

Any thoughts or references would be appreciated.

thanks for your help...tomk

Tom,

I have never seen the movie, but that would probably be your best bet. Do a scene from the movie. From the information I have read, there were numerous clashes between the different factions. However, I have not yet found any ARMOR INVOLVED data.

Mark :smiley17:

Tom,

I have never seen the movie, but that would probably be your best bet. Do a scene from the movie. From the information I have read, there were numerous clashes between the different factions. However, I have not yet found any ARMOR INVOLVED data.

Mark :smiley17:

Mark,

That is what I have been thinking. There was the bombing of the King David Hotel. A jail break and clashes between British, Arabs and Jews. In one riot a staghound was used to take people out.

Thanks Mark for your interest and help.

tomk

Tom,

If you plan to use the Staghound, I would recommend Italeri's just on the ease of building. I just finished my Bronco one about a month ago and with all the small parts, Italeri's would be an esier build and I think it is cheaper too.

:smiley20:

Tom,

If you plan to use the Staghound, I would recommend Italeri's just on the ease of building. I just finished my Bronco one about a month ago and with all the small parts, Italeri's would be an esier build and I think it is cheaper too.

:smiley20:

Sounds good Mark...tomk