Revell V8-60

This midget was built right out of the box in the time frame of a week, I also happened to be my first build review I ever wrote up for Kustom and Hot Rod Models Magazine (although I didn't know it at the time)

I used mig pigments to weather it, in reality it is way over done. I went back and started looking at pictures of the time frame these cars were raced and really over did it. This one too was destroyed in the hobby shop incident.

DSCF6629.jpg

DSCF6445.jpg

DSCF6444.jpg

DSCF6443.jpg

DSCF6441.jpg

- Fabulous! Marvelous work Donnie. It is a real shame to hear abouts its demise, but thanks for posting it. Sort of a memorial for the lil model that was. :smiley19:

Edited by Weedeater

• 3 weeks later...

You could say the water truck put down to much water. Looks good to me.

My excuse was just that, too much water before hotlaps lol

That's Exactly what it looks like Donnie....Nice and muddy after MUD IN...My cousin(ran 360 & 410 Sprints) and used baby oil on the whole car before it went out for mud in. I didn't know about that little trick until I got this mixture of good 'ol methenol,racing clay and...??? Man...I couldn't figure out what that sweet smell was....My cousin laughed and told me it was BABY OIL. The clay didn't stick to the car very well with that oil on it. Sure made it easy to clean off the heavy stuff before the heats and Main events...