R&D Canberra's

canberrasig

As with all my other Canberra models all the mod's and most of the colour schemes are home made. First one is an Italeri B.57B as used by NASA

DSCF3351.jpg

Second one another B.57B this time from Edwards AFB Teas Squadron

DSCF3337-1.jpg

Airfix B(I)8 Weapons research establishment Woomera Australia

DSC00887.jpg

Airfix B.57 converted to PR.3 Meteorological Research Flight

7.jpg

Thanks again for looking

John

These are very nice models! I favor NASA items and really like the NASA Canberra. Thanks for sharing!

John,

- As were your other Cranberries posted, these are awesome! :smiley20: Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Weedeater

Thank you as always fellows; GIL I'm glam I've given you a bit of inspiration, you know it's hard for me to put my finger on just what it is exactly that gets me going with the Canberra but one thing is it's almost unlimited variety of colour scheme and airframe mod's. Take this Quartet, this is the story of just one Canberra WT333 built as a B(I)8 but never issued to a Squadron and like so many of her sisters spent all her life in R&D work. Going anti clockwise from the top right 333 in her original B(I)8 scheme then in the all white Australian colours, then after being fitted with a B.2 nose as happened a lot with the R&D Canberra fleat, more nose jobs than LA ! :) Then her final scheme Raspberry Ripple. Treble three is still going strong although her fling days are over she still gets a regular chance to do fast runs at her home at the ex USAF base of Bruntingthorpe. If you want to know more about her have a look at the following link. Canberra WT333.

DSC02096.jpg

And just to show how deep my obsession goes these are almost all my 1/72 Canberra's I've since added another RB.57D (see members gallery) and the last of the treble three quartet.

DSC01490a.jpg