ROLL CALL,

odwinn

I am.....I'll be the guy sitting at the MEWSIG table if we have one, or walking around with a Tacoma Green Dragons Shirt and ball cap hoping we are getting photo coverage of all the GREAT happenings.

I'm in. Will arrive Wed-ish and cruise the display room progressively more than the vendors, as the event progresses. Cheez - this thing is only two weeks away...maybe I should go FINISH SOMETHING...!

- Brother Keith and I should be pullin up (after a 16 hour drive from ABQ) before 12 noon on Thursday. We're puttin the final touches on a few, dustin off a couple others, and startin a new one this weekend. (Hey, I gotta work on somethin in the hotel room. Wink, wink.) We're anxiously anticipating the festivities and lookin forward to sharin a few sudds with friends. Travel safe and Model on, Brothers of the Sprue.

Edited by Weedeater

Hey Kent! Thanks for helping M.A. provide photo coverage during the convention!

I'll be there trying not to spend my kid's college tuition while I help with the photo coverage. It's gonna be a blast!!

Kent

Coming from Detroit. Be there Wed. evening with wife and son. A few others coming also. We're all members of IPMS Livonia. See you there!!

A note to everybody driving in from east of Omaha:

I-29 is still closed! I-80 is open but a trucker friend says it jammed with all the diversion traffic.

Coming up from Oklahoma and Texas, he recommended going north on I-135 to Salina then north on US81 to I-80... he says less traffic than US75 from Manhattan to Lincoln, plus US81 is 4-lane "most of the way". (I thought it was all of the way, but there might be construction)

Check with Iowa Dept of Trans and Nebraska Dept of Roads before you leave to find the best route.

http://www.iowadot.gov/floods/index.html

http://www.dor.state.ne.us/flood/

I'm flying in Wed afternoon, and Eppley is still opened. A local club member works in the HQ bldg at Delta and says they have contingency plans to land in Lincoln and bus people to Omaha if the river flooding affects the airport there. Don't know about other airlines, but they are probably planning the same workarounds.

:smiley29: Myself and 3 others will be coming in on Wednesday afternoon from the Pacific Northwest. Oddly enough, our flight out of Seattle goes to Phoenix (shucks, missed it by a year :smiley17: ) where we change planes for the second leg to Omaha. That's over 5 hours in the air!

Mark

Mark,

I noticed RnJ is listed as a vendor! Just ride in with him!!!!

Mark,

Sadly that's the other R & J company. Rich and Joy are staying home this year. The last Omaha Nats in 1994 Rich and I drove out from the SF bay area in his Ford Explorer stuffed with his vendor goodies. Driving through Nebraska was a trip....mile after mile of nothin' but corn fields!!!

See ya in 2 weeks,

Mark

Tony and I will be there on Wed at around 11:00am! Woo Hoo! Cant wait. Missed last year cause of a shortage of money. :smiley20:

Cool I would love to meet as many modelers as i can.

I am vending and will be the ugly fellow in the black leather vest and black beret,

drop by n see me.

Thanks All.

Kevin.

Mark,

I noticed RnJ is listed as a vendor! Just ride in with him!!!!

Mark,

Sadly that's the other R & J company. Rich and Joy are staying home this year. The last Omaha Nats in 1994 Rich and I drove out from the SF bay area in his Ford Explorer stuffed with his vendor goodies. Driving through Nebraska was a trip....mile after mile of nothin' but corn fields!!!

See ya in 2 weeks,

Mark

Man,

I knew I shouldn't have gotten excited!!!! Finishing up on my M1 Sherman and packing the MEWSIG stuff I have and I am itching to head out on SAT.