Dr. Who Unit Landrover

Ron Bell

On a lark, I did the JB models 1/76 Landrover in UNIT markings a la Dr. Who. No big deal, just green, but I had to make the actual UNIT emblem. I'm in a minority , I understand. I like John Pertwee best.

DSCN1462.jpg

DSCN1471.jpg

I like it - and its the first link I've clicked in a couple days that had any scale modeling content in it.

BTW, I want to do this

Photo_13.jpg

but I need to figure out how to do a 1/24th scale TARDIS.

Eric

Mike,

OK, that's scary. The guy that's going to replace me likes the same doctor.

All,

Harlequin in GB did a whole line of pewter/white metal figurines and equipment for a Doctor Who game. Included a Betsy and his flying boat thingy as well. A problem is that they are in a constant 30mm scale, so John Pertwee is the same height as Patrick Troughton or Katy Manning. They are pretty nice for their size, however.

DSCN1954.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have wanted to make a scale TARDIS for a long time. I was late getting in on the whereisthetardis.com challenge (someone made a 1:1 scale ice fishing shanty and won)

If someone wants to do the math for the scale, I can scratchbuild it ;)

How about an OO gauge police box ...

• 2 weeks later...

1) *Runs through a transmat beam to get my DOCTOR WHO TECH MANUAL*...*runs back*

Okay, TARDIS: The Police Box is 2.74 meters tall. So...

K9: A facimilie in 1/25th scale would be almost exactly 11 centimeters tall, Master.

Good boy. *Hands K9 a treat*

I daresay there are scans of the Technical Manual, including the blueprints of the Police Box, the Control Consule, and the paper model TARDIS about the Internet. Or just fan-made drawings or graphics that you can use.

2) Bessie: she was built specifically for the show. But she was your basic Phaeton body on your basic Ford chassis (albeit a Ford PREFECT chassis ;) ) so in the scale you are talking about (1/76), any Phaeton will do as her, with some modicum of modification.

OMG I am ordering that now

I am more of a David Tennet fan..he wears Chucks

Edited by dsteingass

I always thought of Bessie as sort of a cross between a Model T runabout and a Stanley Steamer as far as looks go, but I don't know from cars.

While I have been liking the new Drs I will always be a Tom Baker fan (would you like a jelly baby?).

I have the Dr Who tech manual someplace as always wanted to make a Dalak in about 35th scale. Then Airfix released the two kits and have been tempted but need the price to come down a little.

Ron,

If you have extra's of the decals, I would be interested both 76th scale and 35th.

Phil,

Sorry, they were "two offs". Just paper punched a white decal circle, added the cross hatching in the middle punched out with a Waldron punch from some other old decal I had and the lettering was just rub on Woodland Scenics. In 1/35, it would probably look pretty crude, but then again, given the props in the old Dr. Whos, that might be just about right.

Ron