Vickers Vildebeest

David M. Knights

The new Frrom-Azur Vildebeest is on its way to the Knights' Court of Last Resort. I've wanted to do this one ever since I read Bloody Shambles. Now I need info. Cockpit and detail photos, etc. Anything you can point me to would be appreciated.

Not the most documented aircraft around. Although with this release, maybe more will surface. I did the Contrails Vacuform kit a couple years ago and the interior was all done in the "by guess by golly" method. Technically, mine is wrong. The Vildebeest, the torpedo bomber, usually flew with a cowling. The Vincent, it's twin but a spotter/level bomber, was usually seen without one, but I just liked the look of that exposed engine.

DSCN1536.jpg

A Yahoo search for images produced many photos, include some of a restoration and some of a modeling detailing project with good shots of an interior.

Have fun.

Way cool! That is an airplane with character (and a sweet build by Ron). Hope you will post WIP here.

Edited by VonL

Mr. Bell: I find it ironically humorous when you refer to my "masochistic vacuform tendencies" when you produce such beautiful results with far more intimidating subjects! I think we need to drown the sorrows of our sorry building tendencies in Omaha! :smiley2: See ya at the bar my friend! :smiley20:

GIL :smiley16:

That is nice. I considered the vacuform kit as well as the resin one out of NZ, but for once my patience paid off. You are right Ron, there isn't much out there, information-wise.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and Gil, I will see you at the bar.......as usual. But this is all about Dave's quest for info.