1/43... 36 FORD Asphalt Modified... FINISHED...4-24-12

Well...the engine is in and ALL the plumbing and primary wiring is finished. The secondary wires will be added tomorrow. Here are a few pics of the engine before and after. I put a Quarter next to it in one shot to get a feel of the scale of this little guy. click to enlarge....

th_e33a7ea1.jpgth_7f8358e0.jpgth_154e6274.jpg

th_c3d7dba5.jpgth_3d5c0f5c.jpgth_749a8622.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the Inspiring comments Jay.

OK....here's an update. The body is in the two tone paint scheme..Purple/white. The Hood has been stripped because the second color didn't really coperate and I really didn't like the way it looked..... To much purple. I will probably shoot the white on it (the hood) in the next few days. The headers are finished and in the pics are just mocked up for test fitting....the same for the side bars also. I will make the Decals for this puppy this weekend and this car should be finished real soon. Here are a few pics to see the progress...Thanks for looking in folks...( click to enlarge)

th_398638ab.jpgth_8a76dcb8.jpgth_9fca10d1.jpg

th_656fa6bc.jpgth_fd25c51a.jpgth_8eb1d83b.jpg

Thank you folks for the kind words and support through this long winded build. Doing a detailed 1/43 modified sure showed me it's not as simple as one might think. I've really enjoyed doing this one as it's been a great challenge.

This car is Finished.. I got the headers painted and installed...Decals made and applied...windshield in and all the nerf bars on. Here's a few finished pics of the 36 ford Asphalt modified....( click to enlarge)

th_f500aaf8.jpgth_723ec47c.jpgth_7776c2b1.jpg

th_7b86f8b7.jpgth_2aa5ef69.jpgth_454c84e3.jpg

th_3f5207ed.jpgth_7c9793ac.jpgth_569ed4b9.jpg

Gary - congratulations on a job very well done! The amount of scratchbuilding and engineering problems solved in this one small model is amazing. It shows that if you decide you can build something, no matter what it is, you can. Dan King

Hey Dan....that's for sure. All though going smaller does have it's fair share of mind altering situations..the over all balance of the build was great. Also...the time factor( start to finish) is pretty much relative to the scale...at least for me anyway. Thanks for looking in Dan...

• 1 month later...