Is there a 1/35 JGSDF Type 10 coming?

Fred

I know that Fujimi is releasing a 1/72 scale kit, which I will probably get. I was wondering if one of the "big boys" was going to do a 1/35 scale kit. Anyone know? Thanks.

Fred Sirois

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, not a peep from anyone.

I would put money on Tamiya doing a Type 10, as they have kitted the Type 61, 74, and 90. Since (I assume) the number refers to the year the tank entered service, the Type 10 should alrady be in the hands of JGSDF tankers by now. So Tamiya should be working on a kit of a production version.

I have no idea how the development of the Type 10 went, but I find it surprising that Japan can field a brand-spanking new tank in the current economic climate. I hope they can afford more than 20.

I'm waiting for a 1/35 kit too. I hope the Big T delivers soon! Maybe an announcement will pop up at the Plamo-Radicon Show in the fall. We can only hope. (And maybe they can do a T-10M or a T-80 next year.)

I too am looking forward to a kit of this. I would think Tamiya would handle this since they are the Japanese 1/35 armor manufacturer. As with anything Tamiya, we wont know about it until it's about to hit the store shelves.