Panzer Grey?

Dick Montgomery

I'm doing a 3.7Cm AntiTank gun in Panzer Grey. What Tamiya color does "Panzer Grey" translate to?

Please keep in mind that I'm not at all familiar with armor terms since I primarily build models of other types of equipment.

Oh yes, one other thing. I'll have three figures attending to the equipment....any help on the basic color of the Uniform (early war) would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

From the Fine Scale Modeler Forum, XF-63 is Panzer Grey. I sent you an email about the uniforms.

Ron

Thanks Mark! Now I can get going! I've already got the basic "diorama" scenerio laid out in pencil on the base so I can begin working on the ground work as well.

BTW...what shade of Panzer Grey should I paint the leaves? :smiley29:

Dick,

You are not THAT funny....no matter what anyone else tells you! LOL! I want to see your tree work if you are actually planning on using one!

I dunno about a tree. They are a bit time consuming and I figured to use low shrubs and bushes....we'll see. If I get energetic I might try a tree.

The field piece (is that what one can call these gun thingies?) has been painted with the Tamiya XF-63.... nice to have a well stocked paint rack. And guess what Tamiya calls that color? That's right! German Gray! Go figure.

I'll let that paint set up and then paint the tires later today.

In the meantime I'll cruise through my references to find some pics of small diorama ideas which I can usurp for this little project.