PhilPalmer

I'm a long time IPMS member but new to this forum. I live in Toledo, Ohio home of the world famous Toledo Mud Hens and Tony Packo's Cafe both frequent topics from the TV series Mash. I'm retired from a career in sales and marketing in the Chemical Industry and a retired auto racer. My interests include photography, tennis, volunteer work and of course scale modeling. I'm a member of IPMS Toledo/Toledo Plastic Modelers and have entered lots of contests including the IPMS and AMPS nationals. I frequently judge in the aircraft categories as a way to raise my own skill level. I started aircraft modeling as a kid building Strombecker Kits and haven't stopped since. My tastes change from time to time but I mostly do 1/48th scale aircraft with an ocasional car or tank thrown in the mix. Currently trying to finish a couple of entries for Omaha. Not pertinant to this forum but I recently completed a fully functional1/60th scale RC submarine based on the USS Albacore. Great summer fun at the local lake. That's all for now, talk to you soon.

Ah-Toledo! The city Ohio tried to give to Michigan-who wouldn't accept it! :smiley2:

Glad to have ya here with us. I spent 20yrs in R-4 (Rickenbackers '79-'99) and went to many a show up Toledo way! Please post some pics of your work. Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Hi Phil,

The resume is impressive and I took particular note of your comment about how much one can learn and improve one's own skills by serving as a judge. True. Very true. Not only do you get to see what other experienced modelers can do but the conversation among the judging team is valuable as well.

Although I've cruised around Ohio I've never been to Toledo. I'd like to see a Mudhen's game!

Hi Phil,

The resume is impressive and I took particular note of your comment about how much one can learn and improve one's own skills by serving as a judge. True. Very true. Not only do you get to see what other experienced modelers can do but the conversation among the judging team is valuable as well.

Although I've cruised around Ohio I've never been to Toledo. I'd like to see a Mudhen's game!

Great baseball, more action and a lot less expensive than the "BIGS".

Welcome to the asylum, Phil. I look forward to meeting you and seeing your work in Omaha.

Steve

Hi Phil. Good to hear from you again and glad to have you on this forum. Are you planning on coming to Kalamazoo for our show on September 17? Hope you can make it.

Ah-Toledo! The city Ohio tried to give to Michigan-who wouldn't accept it! :smiley2:

Glad to have ya here with us. I spent 20yrs in R-4 (Rickenbackers '79-'99) and went to many a show up Toledo way! Please post some pics of your work. Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Gil,

I don't yet have a Photobucket account. But, you can see some pictures at www.toledoplasticmodelers . Click on galery and scroll down to my page.

Phil

Edited by PhilPalmer

Hi Phil. Good to hear from you again and glad to have you on this forum. Are you planning on coming to Kalamazoo for our show on September 17? Hope you can make it.

Clare,

Good to hear from you. I'm planing on going to Omaha. If the vendors don't get all my $ and gas is still under $5.00/gal we'll see you in September.

Phil