Hasegawa 1/48 E-2c

TomcatVF84

I just got my new Fine Scale Modeler. I open it up and there is a new announcement about a Hasegawa 1/48 E-2 (2000). While I love all things Navy - and I was very happy (I'll probably buy two, and BTW anyone want to buy a Collect-Aire Kit?), I can't help but wonder what would sell more. An E-2 or a new 1/48 B-17?

In the same issue is a review of the Trumpeter C-47 in 1/48. Hello? B-24 anyone?

I don't get it. I need some change I can believe in.

The fact that it is 1/72 makes your original question even more significant! 1/48 th scale? I'd have been there!

1/72nd scale? yawn....

Special Hobby (or some other short run Eastern Eur. co.) has had a 1/48 Hawkeye on their "to-do" list for almost 3yrs now. No one has seen a test shot so it might just be them stirring the pot to see what kind of a reaction they get to help them make up their minds. I have the Collectaire kit and it looks great! Still, if someone does a plastic 1/48 E-2 kit, then I can do one with the wings folded and one without, and hopeully the newer kit will have those new 6 bladed scimitar props! Chers!

GIL :smiley16:

David, would it restore your confidence in me if I reveal that there is a 1/72nd model in progress, just two feet from my computer? Bf-109G-6 no less!