Monogram M-29 "Attack Weasel"

Ron Bell

The name Monogram gave this kit sounds like a Frank Zappa album, but here is my next step in building Monogram's military models. The kit is basic, but fits relatively well, sort of. Not too much putty and/or shims to fill gaps, etc. The detail is all there, but is molded in. Accuracy....eh.The most interesting thing was the figures. You'll notice in the front view that the driver looks like a cadaver and the radioman sort of Frankensteinish. These figures make the old green army men look like works of Michaelangelo. I had to cut off the radioman's left foot to get him to fit in his seat. However, all in all, a fun build.

DSCN2013.jpg

DSCN2014.jpg

DSCN2015.jpg

DSCN2016.jpg

Excellent build. Have a member from our club wanting me to get him one of those off EBAY!

I agree with Mark, GREAT build. Good to see a relic from the past!

When we first moved to Colorado (maybe 1987 or so) we went cross-country skiing and found an old Weasel along the ski trail into Saints Johns--above Keystone. It was still in the winter camo, white with big black "mouse ears" and was totally stripped. Nothing left but the shell. It made for a nice place to sit & eat our lunch. I wondered if it had originally been one used by the 10th Mountain Division, as Camp Hale wasn't too terribly far away. Too far to simply drive it though--it would have had to have been trailered.

Edited by RickC5

Bob,

That is in my State....It was a MARTEN.....not a WEASEL!!!!!! haha!!! Was rolling this morning hearing about it on the radio this AM.

Mark

Edited by Mark Aldrich