Russian T-34

tomk

Yep, The Dragon/DML T-34/85s do look very nice. I have two of the NVA T-34/85Ms and will work on one soon. Tamiya made a T-34/85 back in the '70s but probably isn't up to modern standards. By the way, the DML kit I have #3318 has markings for 5 vehicles : 2@ Croatia, a Somali, Angolian and a NVA. Only thing that you might need is an aluminum gun barrel and maybe some etched brass to dress it up a bit.

Yep, The Dragon/DML T-34/85s do look very nice. I have two of the NVA T-34/85Ms and will work on one soon. Tamiya made a T-34/85 back in the '70s but probably isn't up to modern standards. By the way, the DML kit I have #3318 has markings for 5 vehicles : 2@ Croatia, a Somali, Angolian and a NVA. Only thing that you might need is an aluminum gun barrel and maybe some etched brass to dress it up a bit.

Tom,

Overall Dragon makes the best. Depending on your build era I would choose the T-34/85M, T-34/85 (with bedspring armor [ultimate], T-34/85 model 1944 or the T-34/85 UTZ model. Try to stay away from 6066 (T-34/85 1944E) and sometimes listed as the Chinese Volunteers. It is a nice kit but the road wheels are sorely lacking. Basically stick with Dragon for the kit and there are hundreds of aftermarket items to choose from.

Mark