Getting Closer to the Finish

ClareWentzel

Someone might as well start this topic. It is also a learning experience with the new board. I finally got the landing gear mounted and hope to make some real progress in finishing my Comic Fighter. I can never build one over the weekend like Kelly. I seem to go in little steps - interior, general assembly, details and finishing. Biplanes seem to be more of a problem. I guess I have to work up my nerve. Now, I have the two tough items finished, top wing and landing gear. Now for the details, decals and finally the rigging. Stay tuned.

Comic_02.jpg

Comic_03.jpg

Looking good Clare. I too am building a little bi-plane, the Hawker Demon. I've got it painted now so I know what you're going through. Gonna apply the decals soon I hope. Keep plugging man, you're almost home!

Looking good Clare. I too am building a little bi-plane, the Hawker Demon. I've got it painted now so I know what you're going through. Gonna apply the decals soon I hope. Keep plugging man, you're almost home!

Guys - who makes the Demon? Sounds like an early 1/72 Airfix in a bag....?

Adam

Looks pretty good.

Is that NIVO homegrown?

Not really. Surprising enough, I followed the Roden recommendations. They call for Model Master 2050. Roden call the color Matt WWI Green although Model Master call it Olive Drab ANA 615. It seems to be within the range of colors recommended by many references. In any case, I like to have a little variation between similar models on the shelf.

Guys - who makes the Demon? Sounds like an early 1/72 Airfix in a bag....?

Adam

Yes, it is the ancient Airfix Blister pack model. I got it in a grab bag at a local show. The blister was popping open so I figured I'd better build it before any parts got lost.