Two Builds - Renault Magnum + Land Rover

This project, like all my other projects, had to be different. :) This one I call - Smashed! It is a Renault Magnum. I looked at many pics of different truck crashes and went on from there. Enjoy the photos.

smashed_renault_magnum7.jpg

smashed_renault_magnum6.jpg

smashed_renault_magnum5.jpg

smashed_renault_magnum4.jpg

smashed_renault_magnum3.jpg

smashed_renault_magnum2.jpg

smashed_renault_magnum.jpg

smashed_renault_magnum13.jpg

smashed_renault_magnum12.jpg

smashed_renault_magnum11.jpg

smashed_renault_magnum10.jpg

smashed_renault_magnum9.jpg

smashed_renault_magnum8.jpg

Edited by tiking

This second build is an Italeri 4 wheel drive 109" LWB kit I bought on Ebay. I am not completely finished with this kit yet. I still have many extra accessories to add, which I'm waiting on. This little vignette is called 'Proud'. The African driver is proud of how he managed to pack his entire belongings in one go.

The idea comes from looking at many pictures of various overloaded vehicles from around the world. Some more rediculous than others. I am adding another figure of a guy taking a pic of the African driver and his personal belongings.

Will post pictures when I've completed this project. The figure is one of my first try at building a decent figure so please go easy. It is not 100% complete yet.

proud23.jpg

proud21.jpg

proud19.jpg

proud18.jpg

proud15.jpg

proud14.jpg

proud12.jpg

proud10.jpg

Edited by tiking

Looks like the IKEA commercial on Steroids!!!! Excellent work! Love the Fifth wheel grease effect. Looks just our Sterlings! Really believable.

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Sorry I was referring to all the stuff Piled on the Land Rover made me think of the IKEA Bug! Probably just me.

These are very interesting and unusual subjects, and both show considerable skill and imagineering. Very well done!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

More details added and now complete.

everything_but_the_kitchen_sink5.jpg

everything_but_the_kitchen_sink3.jpg

everything_but_the_kitchen_sink2.jpg

everything_but_the_kitchen_sink.jpg

proud_outdoor_pic.jpg

proud_outdoor_pic4.jpg

proud_outdoor_pic5.jpg

--------------------

I made this diorama for my 'Crash' Renault Magnum tracktor unit, before putting it up for sale. This is the result, Unfortunately the forum does not allow me to post more than 5 pics at a time. So I'll have to wait until some post before I can post another 5 pics:

Crash_dio10.jpg

Crash_dio11.jpg

Crash_dio10.jpg

Crash_dio9.jpg

Crash_dio8.jpg

Crash_dio5.jpg

Crash_dio4.jpg

Crash_dio3.jpg

Crash_dio2.jpg

Crash_dio.jpg

Edited by tiking