Why I got into @$$%%&* Modeling And Love the Bomb

RONBO

I attended the Butch O'Hare meeting last night. And I met a young boy ,man named Peter all of about 12 or 13 yrs of age. Just sitting in the back of the meeting room with an older I assume retired man who I think was his grandfather I think. I am not sure if they are members because I have only seen them about twice before last night. During a break in the meeting Peter comes up to me by way of an introduction from his grandfather and showed me what he was working on. The old 1/48th Spitfire MK1 from Monogram almost complete in flight gear up and ready to paint. the rear stabs were all out of alingment but the rest of the plane looked pretty good. I told Peter that he was doing a good job. He thank me. They were ready to leave but the Show & Tell part of the meeting was about to start so I asked them both to stay and talk about the models that they brought. Peter talked about his Spitfire he's just a bit shy but he got thru it. His grandfather brought a Monogram Helldiver about 90% finished.At the Butch'OHare club you get a raffel ticket for taking part in the Show & Tell. He told me he would not be at the next meeting due to him going to summer camp I told him that the raffel ticket coud be used at the next meeting he could attend. But while the meeting was going on I went to my truck and found a kit for him the Hasegawa FW 190 with a car. 1/48th he seems to have a BoB thing going. He thank me as did his grandfather.

All in all a nice visit. It took me back to the days that all I wanted was a Monogram Kingfisher build it on Saturday and play with all day Sunday and fly it out of my father's car window. That's why I got into modeling. Now if I could just get 500 more young men like Peter it would be a wonderful thing.

RONBO

You got that right! However, I don't think it's the Get them in......it's the getting them back.

Good job Ron! Now if we can get kids to come to meetings here in the Quad Cities.... I have that Kingfisher in my pile if you really need the nostalgic fix (It's not the one with the PE though, sorry).. Drop the top on the 'Vette and you can fly it while you cruise down the highway....