Two Completed Hercules

Mark Deliduka

Here are my two C-130 Hercules aircraft completed. One is in British markings, so I could use the USAF markings on the other C-130 that the decals got lost to. Now I have two completed Hercules and I'm thrilled to get these finished and on the ceiling!

Here's my USAF one:

US_C_130H_Hercules_I.JPG

US_C_130H_Hercules_IIJPG.jpg

Here's my British RAF one:

British_C_130H_Hercules_I.JPG

British_C_130H_Hercules_II.JPG

That's all my aircraft I've finished so far. These are two of seven models I finished. The other five can be seen in the Armor Forums, so feel free to check them out there.

As always, thanks for looking and comments are welcome!

HERCULES! :smiley32: HERCULES! :smiley32: Duke, you nutty professor of speedy modeling, those look great! Congrats! Be sure to anchore those beasts to a ceiling beam!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Thanks Gil! Dpon't worry,. a ceiling beam is the ONLY place I have left to put these! :smiley2::smiley4:

Both are very nice. What scale / kit?

Thanks! The USAF one is a Testor's kit and the British one is Italeri. They are both in 1/72 scale, since that is the only scale I build my aircraft and armor in.

Great job! I will always have a soft spot in my heart for these planes as I spent much of my USAF career turning wrenches on them. Excellent work on both of these Hercs. Can't wait to see more!

Thanks Brian! I love these planes too, as I always got to walk through them at every airshow my Air Force officer dad took us to. Besides, he was also a navigator on AC-130s as well which adds to my love of this plane.

Excellent!

Thanks Bob! I appreciate it.

Any thoughts on the Airfix kit?

Well, I haven't built one yet from Airfix so I can't really say. I do eventually want to get the one carrying the Bloodhound missile and build it.Hopefully someday soon.

Great job! I will always have a soft spot in my heart for these planes as I spent much of my USAF career turning wrenches on them. Excellent work on both of these Hercs. Can't wait to see more!

I love the Herc, made quite a few jumps out of that bird. In fact, we had one at Bragg back in the late 60's to have one engine flame out and it still unleashed the paratroopers and got back to Pope AB fine.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the great comments. Rick, I will, as soon as I finish showing them at my IPMS meeting tonight.

James, I hear ya! My father's plane (AC-130) made it back from a mission on only one engine once. Two had been knocked out by AA gunfire, the third quit 2/3rds of the way home. They still managed to land just fine.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...