Disco58

Go to their website. They have them listed there

link to the D model

http://manuals.hobbi...rmx/85-5241.pdf

B Model

http://manuals.hobbi...rmx/85-5256.pdf

No luck on the P-38

Edited by Mark Aldrich

I've got the P-38. Do you need the original or will a set of scans in the form of a pdf file work?

Go to their website. They have them listed there

link to the D model

http://manuals.hobbi...rmx/85-5241.pdf

B Model

http://manuals.hobbi...rmx/85-5256.pdf

No luck on the P-38

Got it Mark, thanks. The kit I have is in a bag of mixed up parts with the P-38, which is why I needed both sets of instructions, and by the looks of it, have been around since Christ was a kid. The instructions in the link are from 2010. You don't suppose there were any changes over the years, do you?

Could be. I never built their Mustang. Lots of the Monogram kits had gimmiky "play with me" features like retracting wheels and droppable bombs. Of Course these (the instructions) could be for Revell kits also.

P-38 kit # 6848 on its way via email.

The original P-38 kit by Monogram was a nightmare. It was one of those 4 in 1 kits. It built into a generic J or L fighter/bomber, M nightfighter, Droop Snoot pathfinder and an F-5A photo recon version. Lots of optional parts and movable hatches, panels etc.

Monogram's Mustang was pretty good by comparison.

I really like the old Monogram P-38. In fact, I have four or five of them that I've picked up from vendors...in some cases for $2 or $3. I've probably built 3 or 4 over the years and I plan on doubling that number. Their just a ton of fun. I guess to each his own, eh?

Hi, Michael,

Both Revell and Monogram did the P-51D in 1/48 just a couple of years apart. I have instructions for Monogram Kit #5207 with copyright dates of 1977 and 1985 for A/C E2*D s/n 44-14164 "Detroit Miss." For Revell Kit #H-31 with copyright 1978, the A/C is QP*A s/n 44-14292 "Man O' War." Pick the one you need, and I can copy and mail the instructions. PM me with your mailing address.

I also have the instructions for the Monogram P-38J, which I built as an F-5B photo bird. I liked the kit very much, and I do not recall difficulties building it beyond scratchbuilding the camera installation in the nose. Dick is sending you those instructions.

Ed

Hi, Michael,

Both Revell and Monogram did the P-51D in 1/48 just a couple of years apart. I have instructions for Monogram Kit #5207 with copyright dates of 1977 and 1985 for A/C E2*D s/n 44-14164 "Detroit Miss." For Revell Kit #H-31 with copyright 1978, the A/C is QP*A s/n 44-14292 "Man O' War." Pick the one you need, and I can copy and mail the instructions. PM me with your mailing address.

I also have the instructions for the Monogram P-38J, which I built as an F-5B photo bird. I liked the kit very much, and I do not recall difficulties building it beyond scratchbuilding the camera installation in the nose. Dick is sending you those instructions.

Ed

Ed, buddy! Haven't seen your face in the Quad Cities in way too long; I do hope all is well. Man, I couldn't begin to guess which kits these might be. It never crossed my mind that both companies made them before the merger (should have known I guess). I could tell they were Revellograms by the silver plastic, but beyond that....you might as well be trying to guess how many kits Ronbo has in his stash.:smiley29: I'll do some looking -- maybe they'll have a date molded in somewhere. I think I still may need the P-38 instructions. Dick sent them to me as a scan/pdf file, which is essentially fine, but they're for someone else, so I'll have to print them and piece it back together like a jigsaw puzzle. The guy I'm sending the kits and instructions to is a complete modeling virgin, so the instructions will have to be reassembled well enough for him to understand. He has a serious case of newbie fear, so I'm trying to send him some kits that will go together easily enough, but really won't matter when he makes mistakes. Where's a pile of Starfix kits when you need them?