Out of the clear blue of the western sky....

Wildcat

I'll ditto Dukes praise of that panel! Are those kit instrument decals, or did ya punch some Mike Grant decals? Inquiring (and envious) minds need to know!

GIL :smiley16:

IP is colored PE ala Eduard. Even you could do it, Gil :lol:

Looking good so far. This will make possible the third time I've seen a build of this online! For such an anticipated and remarked on kit, you don't see it built much. I have built it, and it's better than most of the limited run Czech kits I've dealt with. You aren't going to see much of that nice cockpit unless the door is left open though. One word of warning - the kit gear must have reinforcement of some kind. The kit is quite heavy and the gear is quite soft. My finished kit hadn't sat on it's feet for more than a day before the gear was splayed to each side. I keep the model displayed on a stand now.

Thanx for the tip. I thought it looked a little weak.

"IP is colored PE ala Eduard. Even you could do it, Gil :lol:"

You obviously haven't watched me work! Especially lately.....:smiley7: But thanks for the optimistic support! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Cessna T-50 Bobcat "Skyking" 1/48 scale Czech Models kit. If you ever build this kit mask the cowls / nose. The decals just will not lay down. I used MicroSol, Solvaset and Future with out too much success. Also the landing gear are very weak. I drilled and pinned both of mine. Even if you do not break them they will probably sag in time if you don't do something. As far as I know no one has metal replacements.

songbird%20001.JPG

songbird%20003.JPG

songbird%20007.JPG

songbird%20010.JPG

More here:

http://www.percongrp...t/bobcat_ms.htm

Very pretty Mike! The glass looks crisp too, and I know that couldn't have been easy. What gloss white did you use?

Floquil reefer white topped with future