Purple Krazy glue

I bought a bottle of Purple Krazy glue at Wall-mart. It has a brush in the bottle. It is easy to use and dries clear. The brush is made of some fiber that the glue doesn't harden on it. I like it. Has anyone one else tried it?

This is a new one on me! Purple super-glue that dries clear, and can be applied with a brush. I'll have to look for it in the store. It sounds intriguing, but what advantages does it offer over the other super-glues?

GIL :smiley16:

I used some in the build I am currently doing,the brush really makes it easy to apply the SG without it flowing into places it shouldn't. You can brush on a really thin coat. I don't know that the color makes any difference,but it does dry clear.

Does accelerator work with it? Or has anyone tried? I'll have to look into getting some of this. I have to go back and get more of Wal-Mart's 96-cent cans of spray paint anyway. What department is this glue found in?

• 4 weeks later...

I've never seen SG in anything but those tiny little tubes, but one in a bottle with a brush WOULD be handy. I bought some SG at Dollar Tree today and I think I found a bargain. 3 fairly good size tubes for a buck. They also sold a SG that is a gel. I don't know if that is useful or not, but I bought some anyway.

Actually, I almost always buy the CHEAP (4tubes/.99) regular superglue at Walmart. It works fine, it mixes better with baby powder (slower set up time than super-thin "hobby" super-glues), and if half a tube goes bad (which is very seldom), I'm out .15! I also buy the gel type super glue to use on landing gear and other items that need a bit more "bracing". Another good type of thick super-glue is the Gorrilla brand, which supposedly has some rubber mixed in that gives it better shear strength.

GIL :smiley16:

• 3 weeks later...

I use a brand called Loctite super glue that comes in a small bottle similar to a fingernail polish bottle with a similar brush attached to the lid. Real handy.

• 1 month later...

Walmart has the Loctite brand in the same place, i.e. opposite aisle to paint, co-located with tapes. The Loctite bottle is similar to the nail polish bottle as stated but has a wider base making it more stable and less prone to knock over. You will need to work at it to tip it.

I use a brand called Loctite super glue that comes in a small bottle similar to a fingernail polish bottle with a similar brush attached to the lid. Real handy.

I get my local hobby shop's brand in the purple, it is a medium CA, it fills gaps and can be accellerated with accellerator. good thing that is all I expect from it eh?