New Release Info: Commander Models, Inc.

Warwheels

Commander Models, Inc has cleared us to post some new model kit info that will be of interest to you "Wheelies".

Due out in Fall they'll be releasing 1/35 model kits of the M2A1/M3 Scout Car and T5E1/M2 4.2" Mortar Carrier! Stay tuned for more info at Warwheels.Net, including some "sprue shots" (parts photographs) of the M2A1/M3 SC.

Edited by Warwheels

Thanks for the heads up. Nothing I want but it allowed me to figure out who makes the 1/35 Gamma Goat!!!1 Now if only the IDF ever used those!

...but it allowed me to figure out who makes the 1/35 Gamma Goat!!!1 Now if only the IDF ever used those!

I don't think the IDF ever used the Goat. But, my answer is a WAG, so don't take it as an actual fact.

The Gamma Goat was like the Goer, looked good on paper but failures in the field. I think the Dodge 880-series and CUCVs were stop gap measures to replace the Goats and not a whole lot of them were produced.

Over on IDF-in-Scale there is a ex-soldier that says his commander had one! Once I see pictures, I am gonna have to buy it!

Over on IDF-in-Scale there is a ex-soldier that says his commander had one! Once I see pictures, I am gonna have to buy it!

Yeah, I saw that. But, he wasn't just ANY commander, he was Ariel Sharon: A big fish then too...

So, it does look like at least a few were floating around in Israel, but still IMHO you should consider that they may not have been widely used and Sharon got one as he was Big Brass. That is, until you see more info...

Cool news, none-the-less.