AIrcraft Diorama

MRechlicz

How would you guys recommend mounting an aircraft to the base for travel? I am thinking of not permanently mounting it because of travel. Just putting it on the deck when I arrive at the show and let the judges know that it is not attached.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Mike

I do not think a "temporary" mount to base is advisable. It would never be secure enough! Either take the model off the base and pack it as you would any model not on a base OR secure it firmly to the base and pack the base in such a way that there is opportunity for some limited movement in all axes so that the base will absorb the "g" forces and not the landing gear. I accomplish this by attaching the base to layers ot towel ( or clear plastic, if flying) placed at the bottom of the container using loops of masking tape. In this way the base is secure in the box, but jostling motions will be absorbed by permitting the towels some movement in the box, and the base ( with model) some movement over the towels. No system is perfect, but I have had the best luck with this. Nick Filippone