1970 super bee

JTRACING

Very nice work on the 440 mill! It brings back a lot of memories! Best,

Mark Fiedler (aAzZ09)

IPMS #14333

I still remember when a kid a block away got his and was tearing up our neighborhood streets with it! That engine looks great! I look forward to more progress.

GIL :smiley16:

That dash looks great! Nice wood, and is that an 8-track in the dash? ! :smiley2: Now stop teasing us and open the Playboy to the centerfold.......:smiley20:

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Hi, James,

The interior looks excellent. I particularly like the dashboard and your painted instruments. You also did a beautiful paint job on the Goodyear L60 Polyglass white raised letters. I have a time-frame question or two about this build. This is a 1970 Super Bee with a 1971 license plate. If you are showing this as a one year old car, would the paint on the motor show so much wear in just one year? Is the Playboy cover a period-correct issue from 1971 or earlier? Isn't the money on the console with the offset presidential portrait definitely a modern-day bill instead of the old money designs of the early 1970's? Will your seats get lap belts only? OK, that's four questions. Keep up with the outstanding progress.

Ed

Hi, James,

The interior looks excellent. I particularly like the dashboard and your painted instruments. You also did a beautiful paint job on the Goodyear L60 Polyglass white raised letters. I have a time-frame question or two about this build. This is a 1970 Super Bee with a 1971 license plate. If you are showing this as a one year old car, would the paint on the motor show so much wear in just one year? Is the Playboy cover a period-correct issue from 1971 or earlier? Isn't the money on the console with the offset presidential portrait definitely a modern-day bill instead of the old money designs of the early 1970's? Will your seats get lap belts only? OK, that's four questions. Keep up with the outstanding progress.

Ed

I had that stuff printed out so i just used it. I can also put a new year tag in the corner of the plate.

I don't think there's a lot of wear on the motor paint, just a few paint chips on the valve covers, and some overall dirt. drive on country roads for a year and the motor will get nice and dirty lol. I like depicting redneck country boy type cars.

as for belts since they normally ended up laying on the floor I don't bother putting any on. did people even wear them back in the 70's? lol

Love your build. After seeing your chassis photos got me to thinking. I had a 56 Ford F-100 with a torsion bar front suspention grafted on,wonder if anyone has ever done that with a model?

pretty much done. I want to add exhaust tips but didn't have tubing the right size so I will add those on later. also I want to find better side mirrors than what the kit comes with

IMGP4071.jpg

IMGP4077.jpg

IMGP4070.jpg

IMGP4075.jpg

IMGP4081.jpg

IMGP4082.jpg

IMGP4063.jpg

Edited by JTRACING