Vultee Bt-13 Pics

ghodges

Went to the airshow today. Weather was perfect and it was a great afternoon. There were the usual F-16/F-15/F-18F/aerobatic demos. The most impressive flying of the day (IMO) was done by a guy in a STEARMAN (in yellow-wing/blue fuselage USAAC markings!)! This guy flew it around like a Pitts biplane instead of the old trainer it is. He was flying sideways/nose-up down the runway no more than 15ft off of the ground! You expect that out of those aerobatic types with light weight composits and a powerful engine, but NOT out of an old wood/fabric/steel tube biplane!

There were also 2 P-51D's and an F4U-7 Corsair that flew. They were a real pleasure to see and hear! The static displays were a little sparse and along the usual lines, except for a very nice Vultee BT-13 in Navy markings. I took some pics and thought I'd share them with y'all. Now if I could only get a hold of the old Classic Castings BT-13 in 1/48! Anyone have one they want to part with?......Beuller?......Ferris Beuller?..........

I have 12 pics so I'll do this in 3 postings. Hope you enjoy!

100_1459.jpg

100_1461.jpg

100_1460.jpg

100_1463.jpg

Cheers! GIL :smiley16:

I'll try to get around to that later this week. By the by, what ever happened to my B-24 walkaround pics? They were on the walkaround forum for a while, but now they're gone. Also, I heard a loud "round motor" sound about 1pm this afternoon while out on my route. I turned around to see it was the BT-13 heading home. Even at a distance of at least 5 miles that aluminum finish with the red nose and rudder made it easy to identify! Cheers!

GIL :smiley16: