Small Paint Bottle Strainers 1/2oz.

GaryM

Ummmm.....by NOT straining paint at all??

I'm at a loss as to why you want to strain paint. If your paint has any kind of chunks or particulate matter in it, it's not really usable. You're much better off getting a new bottle! Why take the chance, even if you could strain out the undesirable material?

Or is there another reason you want to strain paint? If you absolutely just have to, my best suggestion is to get some pantyhose and use a piece of that. Best of luck!

GIL :smiley16:

Gary,

Try straining it through fine wire mesh or pany hose. It'll remove the chunks of dried paint from the bottle top as well as any dirt/dust that may flake off when you open the bottle. If you're trying to strain paint that has started to coagulate, I agree with Gil, chuck it and buy a new bottle.

Hope this helps,

Dennis :smiley20:

To add to Gil & Dennis:

There are a few brands of tea (Lipton I think is one) who sell tea which comes in a plastic mesh type "tea bag". It is sort of like a little triangle - I have heard that works as well...

Look in the hardware store for water faucet airators that fit in the end of your faucet. They are fine wire mess, and their are some that are domed and have a gasket like rim, that fits perfectly on the bottle for the airvbrush.

Now if we could only solve the issue of why Humbrol made tins that are not compatible with airbrushing....we'd be set!

Now if we could only solve the issue of why Humbrol made tins that are not compatible with airbrushing....we'd be set!

Mark -- I think it would be easier trying to explain politics to a 3 yr old, or teaching a pig to sing..